Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Deleting threads, future replies -

Re: Deleting threads, future replies -

Oh I totally agree! It is also incredibly helpful to read other people’s threads- they should never be deleted!

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Can I just say in defence of serial posters, as a serial poster myself, that it can be very therapeutic to just write fears down. And then, in the future, it can be good to have a log of the “faulty thought patterns”. I refer back to mine all the time. Even my therapist agreed with this!
    Certainly not lumping all HA sufferers together and wouldn't class you as a "serial poster", Jo. You interact with others, offer advice, support etc. I'm referring to the members who constantly ignore advice and appear to just crave attention, hence all the melodrama and catastrophic thinking in their posts.

After a hundred or so posts of people offering the same advice, and it being ignored or rejected, the thread becomes a drain on the forum, sucking in new members who don't know OP's history, and continuing to frustrate those who are determined to try and help. Unwittingly, both keep the cycle going.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Certainly not lumping all HA sufferers together and wouldn't class you as a "serial poster", Jo. You interact with others, offer advice, support etc. I'm referring to the members who constantly ignore advice and appear to just crave attention, hence all the melodrama and catastrophic thinking in their posts.

After a hundred or so posts of people offering the same advice, and it being ignored or rejected, the thread becomes a drain on the forum, sucking in new members who don't know OP's history, and continuing to frustrate those who are determined to try and help. Unwittingly, both keep the cycle going.
    Couldn't agree more, KK.

Jojo, you are certainly not a "serial poster" and I can't imagine any of said posters doing as you have done and looking back over their "faulty thinking". I can't see them getting any positive benefit at all from these threads.

I can't imagine any of said posters doing as you have done and looking back over their "faulty thinking

Absolutely!!!

Posting in order to discuss anxiety and it’s associated fears, concerns, etc and seek some reassurance is fair enough....it’s why a site like this exists.

The challenge is those who a) refuse to even acknowledge their anxiety, nonetheless try to help themselves and b) cross the threshold from inquiring/seeking reassurance to DEMANDING that they have xyz condition. These posters refuse to accept any of the feedback or advice they’re given, and quite frankly there’s nothing the forum can do to help them.

Yet day after day, they’re back posting the same things over and over again, desperately seeking any crumb of acknowledgment they can find.

These go well beyond the Normal HA patterns.

for my tuppence worth on this, I think a lot of it depends on where you`re at with your condition, or how you see it.
    I have spent many happy times arguing on here about thread deletion over the years, and how - good or bad - your rantings should be left up so when you`re ready you can either blush, make notes, or think `oh lordy` and choose another way in future.

I won`t use the word troll as it causes all manner of upset, but I think 99% of people on here really do try to help one another so if you`re being ignored or feel you`re being led up the garden path, it can affect your own recovery and pull your strings when you least need it.

there are people on here who make a career out of never actually trying to recover. when I was seriously ill I tried everything possible believe me, and eventually I got somewhere near what I`d class as normality. that`s not bragging in any way, I`m just saying it really does take quite a lot of applied effort rather than finding ways to ignore advice.

anyway, happy friday one and all.

when I was seriously ill I tried everything possible believe me, and eventually I got somewhere near what I`d class as normality. that`s not bragging in any way, I`m just saying it really does take quite a lot of applied effort rather than finding ways to ignore advice.

THIS ^

Congratulations, you deserve congratulations, because you put the work in !!!

probably quite selfishly I have mainly ignored the advice threads on NMP as I have been sucked in, in the past

I dont think we can be too harsh on too many people though as folks posting frequently can be a symptom on their mental health

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information