Thread: Had anyone had a histeroposcy?

Had anyone had a histeroposcy?

I’m pretty sure I spelled that wrong! My uterine lining is very thick and I am having heavy periods. They see a soft module in my endometrial lining. Doctor thinks it’s a fibroid. Scared to death to be put under and to have this thing biopsied. The worst part of this is that I can’t take my daily klonopin before surgery. Not sure how I’m going to make it without having an anxiety attack. Of their surgeries are scheduled for the afternoon.

Re: Had anyone had a histeroposcy?

Hi there, I had a hysteroscopy in may, I worked myself up like you, but honestly it really wasn’t worth worrying about, I wasn’t put out, I also had a biopsy which felt like a mild digging it didn’t hurt at all, there and then the gynaecologist told me I had a small fibroid and I wouldn’t need to see him again, I did have to wait a week or two for the results but he was pretty certain everything looked ok and it was, try not to worry they do this so they can help sort out your bleeding problem which is normally fibroids polyps or other benign issues, you will be absolutely fine xxx

Thank you! I would rather be put out so that I’m not anxious. I have severe panic and anxiety .

Surgery and worried

I am having a procedure done and I’m terrified. I’m getting the twilight sedation thing which I’ve never had. The issue is... I take 1mg of klonopin everyday for my panic disorder along with Effexor. I’m afraid I won’t make it to surgery if don’t take klonopin it a Xanax the morning of surgery. All the airfield are in the afternoon. So I would be suffering all day long without my meds. Has anyone had this issue? I put a request in to talk to the anesthesiologist.

Re: Surgery and worried

Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    I am having a procedure done and I’m terrified. I’m getting the twilight sedation thing which I’ve never had. The issue is... I take 1mg of klonopin everyday for my panic disorder along with Effexor. I’m afraid I won’t make it to surgery if don’t take klonopin it a Xanax the morning of surgery. All the airfield are in the afternoon. So I would be suffering all day long without my meds. Has anyone had this issue? I put a request in to talk to the anesthesiologist.
    I don't know what twilight sedation is, but you may just have to suffer through the anxiety leading up to the procedure. As someone who had a major surgery 9 months ago, that's the safest route.I was also terrified as it was my only time under the knife, and was fixated on the very remote possibility of cardiac arrest, despite being a physically active and completely healthy 32 year old.

I had a pec major repair earlier this year,and I was incredibly anxious about the remote possibility of a catastrophic complication on the operating table. It's a normal feeling to be worried. However, taking Xanax before the surgery can complicate the delicate balance of the anesthetic and ACTUALLY endanger you, as opposed to the PERCEIVED danger we fantasize about as HA sufferers. You're doing the right thing by trying to consult with the anesthesiologist, but if you can't,make sure you have someone with you leading up to the surgery to support you in your anxious moments and make sure you make it to the procedure.

Also, I was so anxious in the waiting room that the anesthesiologist gave me valium in my IV. All of the sudden I loved that I was about to have surgery. So there's that as well lol.

When I had my hysteroscopy I had twilight sedation and it was all very pleasant actually. I was very relaxed and detached and in a dream-like state. You won’t feel anxious, promise!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you. I guess I’m just worried about being worried! I know that doesn’t make sense, but your right I don’t want Xanax to interact with anything. Omg. Now I’m worried about that. The procedure is only an hour long. Ughh. I hope the anesthesiologist knownwhat they are doing . If it was early morning, i could handle the anxiety. I would just wake up and go straight there, however having a surgery at 3:30 in the afternoon is not ideal. They said I would have to be there an hour early. So I would just need to handle my anxiety from about 8am until 2pm without anything ?!! Oh well. We’ll see what happens

Thread Information