Thread: Terrified I have spinal cancer

Terrified I have spinal cancer

It’s my biggest fear right now because the past few months I’ve noticed pain in the thoracic area. It’s been getting worse and worse. Reason I believe it could be cancer is because it’s been unrelenting and progressive.

---------- Post added at 05:23 ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 ----------

Anyone?

---------- Post added at 06:12 ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 ----------

I’m also itching all over my back is this another indicator of spine cancer?
    Last edited by JJice; 02-12-18 at 05:38.

Re: Terrified I have spinal cancer

I haven’t heard of itching back being sign of spinal cancer. I can understand your worries as I have thought same sort of thing recently due to my thoracic pain which seems to be getting worse. Have you had any Physiotherapy on it or have you seen a doctor? There are so many non cancer things that could be the culprit but good to still go to doctor to see if they can give you some reassurance, and medication if needed.

Yes I saw my doctor about a month ago about it and he gave me muscle relaxers that didn’t help. It’s like a stinging type pain I read it could be lymphoma or something similar. I do have night sweats to go along with the back pain..

Sounds a lot like severe anxiety tbh

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Sounds a lot like severe anxiety tbh

Positive thoughts
    How so?

Your doctor isn't concerned, you admit you have health anxiety and you're posting on anxiety website seeking reassurance

Take a look at THIS. There's a lot of great info, self help info and explanations for your symptoms.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Everyday the pain just gets worse I’ve read that could definitely mean it’s cancer. I am so worried about this it’s sexing me into a depression..

You were worried about kidney cancer a month ago and now it's spinal cancer. It's a very common HA trait. I'm not one for paid reassurance but see your doctor if you feel that bad. "Told Ya So Gang" will be on standby

Positive thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by JJice View Post
    Everyday the pain just gets worse I’ve read that could definitely mean it’s cancer. I am so worried about this it’s sexing me into a depression..
    Or it could be muscle tension that isn’t improving because you’re not treating your anxiety.

Thread Information