Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ALS / Motor Neuron Disease

Re: ALS / Motor Neuron Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Respectfully, having been reading and replying here for many years, your thought pattern and posts are quite familiar. Post a worry, get reassurance, comeback with more symptoms as your anxiety desperately tries to keep your fear alive. Even after a medical professional gives you the all clear, many ask strangers on the internet for more reassurance.

You're on an anxiety forum in the HA section so deep down you know this is all in your mind The key is getting help with the illness you do have. Treating that also treats the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts
    Around 5% of me believes that this is all just anxiety.

Today again, I have slight tingling in my foot and I have aching around my thigh muscles, and just a general heavy/weird feeling.

Apart from MS, other things it could be are Peripheral Neuropathy or Artery Disease.

If this was purely anxiety based symptoms, surely they wouldn't last this long, and I actually don't feel that anxious right now.

I mentioned in my first post how I have been depressed / severely anxious for nearly 12 months. What if that was actually caused by a medical condition like MS?

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 ----------

I have just remembered something else, around 8 years ago I experienced a Scintillating Scotoma, which has come and gone over the years - maybe half a dozen episodes?

Again, this points to MS, as vision problems are one of the most common symptoms.

Also, occasionally, since I was 18, I sometimes get a pulling/burning sensation when I turn my head sharply to the right. I've always thought it was perhaps a trapped/pinched nerve, but MS makes more sense now after reading up symptoms on spasms etc.

Despite my counsellor challenging me last night to sit with this till next week, I think I'm going to have to visit a doctor this week. All the symptoms are adding up at an alarming rate now.

I have had eye tests since getting the Scotomas, so surely if there was MS damage, that would show up on the eye health test?

Struggling to keep it together right now. I promised my partner I'd stop this worrying today, but all this evidence is overwhelming.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 04-12-18 at 13:46.

Been there...Done that. Bought the T-shirt! NEXT!

No seriously, i was exactly where you are about 2 years ago. Terrified, crying constantly. Tingly, vibrating, twitching, perceived weakness, pain.

So worried I had MND. Definitely didn't though did I? My abject terror was causing all of the symptoms, truthfully. They have ALL gone.

Yours will too

I'm in full blown MS worry now. Tingling still coming and going in foot heel and leg stil suffering from random aches. It disappeared over night, but starting coming back around 9am.

What are the chances a GP will refer me to a Neurologist? I've seen it's standard practice now, but I know I will freak out completely if I do get referred.

Desperately worried this isn't MS, although a lot of symptoms are pointing towards it :-(

Tingling and Aches for nearly a week

Has anyone experienced tingling and aches which have lasted a while? Even when you don't feel stressed/anxious.

Verging on going to see a doctor this week as nearly had a week of a tingly foot and random aches over my right leg. Has to be MS or something, I don't feel that panic right now, just a deep dread.

READ THIS as many times as you need to. And THIS TOO!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Stop ruining your life.

You do not have ALS or MS. You have anxiety, which is causing the symptoms. I mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colicab85 View Post
    Stop ruining your life.

You do not have ALS or MS. You have anxiety, which is causing the symptoms. I mean it.
    Yeah I agree, whether it is physical or mental my life is being ruined.

I dropped my wallet while paying in a shop this morning and immediately went into panic, which my partner got very angry over.

She's now issued me an ultimatum........

FWIW, I rang the doctor yesterday, he knows about my depression and anxiety, and he suggested my leg symptoms are probably a pinched nerve or mild sciatica and told me not to worry. If it's still there in a few weeks to ring him.

My foot tingling has stopped, but now I feel like the bottom of my foot is slightly burning, and my thigh and calf muscles feel stuff. However my right hand feels a bit odd today.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 06-12-18 at 12:47.

I dropped my wallet while paying in a shop this morning and immediately went into panic

I dropped my phone twice this morning, one time after the other, picked it up dropped it again immediately. I also slammed the fridge door into my head (no idea how, not concentrating!), toppled on a stool putting Xmas decs up and have dropped assorted other items. People drop things, have minor accidents every single day...you are putting FAR too much weight on this dropping things issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I dropped my phone twice this morning, one time after the other, picked it up dropped it again immediately. I also slammed the fridge door into my head (no idea how, not concentrating!), toppled on a stool putting Xmas decs up and have dropped assorted other items. People drop things, have minor accidents every single day...you are putting FAR too much weight on this dropping things issue.
    Yeah, maybe I am, I wouldn't be too fussed if it wasn't coupled with other symptoms of a serious disorder.

My right leg muscles still feels stiff with a burning sensation at the bottom of my foot at times, and other times cold.

It's could be MS or Peripheral Neuropathy disease based on the symptoms. PN seems pretty likely right now after looking up symptoms - dear god :-(

I'm even thinking if it's my heart. Because I've been stressed out recently, I wonder if I've done damage to my heart/arteries/nerves.

My partner thinks I'm 'very unwell' with anxiety and stress, and this is all in my mind. I have have anxious stomachs before and get heart flutters, but nothing like these leg and feet symptoms.

I only spoke to the doctor Wednesday, who told me to sit tight for a few weeks but I'm frightened to death right now. I need to find out now what's going on.

Does anyone know if Peripheral Neuropathy comes and goes? Is it constant?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 07-12-18 at 10:31.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information