Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ALS / Motor Neuron Disease

Re: ALS / Motor Neuron Disease

I thought my physical symptoms were improving, but Im back in the hole right now.

Since playing football, Ive started getting weakness and tingling in my right leg, along with goosbump type sensations. These are all pretty scary, and I found guillan barre syndrome on google earlier and im feeling damn scared again. Cant sleep.

Mentioned all this in passing to my partner and she just said, take the meds. Im struggling right now. Cant help but think about ms, spine problems, nerve damage, neuro stuff......

Take the meds!

Adding Guillian Barre Syndrome to the list huh? Either you're the sickest guy in the world or you have health anxiety...

(We've all been there)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I cant believe this. Tonight my abdomen has flared up again, bloated, tender to touch, painful. Second bought in a month. Currently curled up on the sofa with a hot water bottle. Why the hell is this happening :-( Got crohns back on the mind now. I havent felt stressed once today, and been relaxing most of the morning and afternoon. The docs wont even entertain this right now if I visited them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    The docs wont even entertain this right now.
    And you shouldn't either. Stop trying to feel perfect. You almost never will.

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    And you shouldn't either. Stop trying to feel perfect. You almost never will.

Thanks jray, its just quite upsetting getting things all the time. Seems relentless atm.

Spoke to the doc who said ive just had bloods done and there were no markers for anything bad. Unfortunately ive read online that bloods are not reliable for crohns, colitis, etc, especially during non flare ups. Just feel im not being taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I thought my physical symptoms were improving, but Im back in the hole right now.

Since playing football, Ive started getting weakness and tingling in my right leg, along with goosbump type sensations. These are all pretty scary, and I found guillan barre syndrome on google earlier and im feeling damn scared again. Cant sleep.

Mentioned all this in passing to my partner and she just said, take the meds. Im struggling right now. Cant help but think about ms, spine problems, nerve damage, neuro stuff......
    Good that you can still play football though despite your relentless catalogue of symptoms.

Maybe your relentless reading of Dr Google's annals will be contributing to your relentless symptoms?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good that you can still play football though despite your relentless catalogue of symptoms.

Maybe your relentless reading of Dr Google's annals will be contributing to your relentless symptoms?
    Harsh but true

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post

Last week was the first time I played since having my leg symtpoms at the start of december.

Just played another hour tonight with my stomach issues. Funnily, my pain went as I played, however is back again after ive come home and sat down. Serious question, would a person with crohns, colitis, diverticulitus etc be able to play sports in a middle of a flare up?

;
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 04:12.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information