Thread: Health anxiety..and more

Health anxiety..and more

Hello everyone. I am new here. I am struggling everyday with health anxiety and more. Its been a tough year starting in April, mom was diagnosed with congestive heart failure and dad was getting much worse with his health also. Had to put dad in assisted living because mom didnt have the strength to care for him anymore. Its been a sad and trying time and then in September my mom passed away. My anxiety was increasing before she passed and it has only gotten much worse since. One of my brothers almosr died a month ago after relapsing on alcohol and I now have legal guardianship of my younger brother with down syndrome. All this stress has now manifested itself into health worries. I had this about 22 years ago was put on antidepressants and they really seemed to help. Well I have read that antidepressants have a link to alzheimers and my dad has some form of dementia (so did his sister..late onset for both) So of course panicked I weaned myself of the antidepressants and now I have nothing to help me cope. I realize all the stress in my life has triggered these health fears but I cant get past it. I am on the verge of tears all the time, feel as though my life is done. I hate this so much!! Have quite a family history of anxiety and depression also. I apoligize for the length of this post and thank you for reading.

Welcome to No More Panic!

Hiya Sharon65 and welcome to NMP

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Health anxiety..and more

Hello Sharon,

I'm new too so hopefully I don't break a rule or two in replying. It's going to take a while to be Familiar.

I'm sorry to see how much you've gone through, I too have gone through way too much, I'm surprised I'm still here. I lost my second son just over two years ago when he took his life. My world crashed and I'm still not recovered from this. It does take time, it's going to take lots of time and I hope you have help and support. Try each day to find some time for you, reading or crafts or whatever takes you away, if you know what I mean. I don't mean to be glib, it took me ages to be able to read again, or enjoy anything, but one day a glimmer will break through the sadness and you'll be able to see hope ahead.

Keep hanging on.
    Susan
    Last edited by Halfway-to-nowhere; 05-12-18 at 06:30. Reason: Missspelling

Thread Information