Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can I stop obsessing over my bowels?

Re: How can I stop obsessing over my bowels?

You've been eating very little so you won't have much to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You've been eating very little so you won't have much to pass.
    Logically I know that makes sense but it still stresses me. I want to keep trying to pass a stool but i'm starting to feel a little bit sore just inside, worried about what's causing that.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    I honestly want to stop looking but the urge is so strong that it's very difficult not to.
    This is what you need to work on. It absolutely will be difficult not to, this isn't dissimilar to OCD behaviour, but whilst you are still checking you are feeding the behaviour and making it worse. Xx

Quote Originally Posted by EmmerLooeez View Post
    This is what you need to work on. It absolutely will be difficult not to, this isn't dissimilar to OCD behaviour, but whilst you are still checking you are feeding the behaviour and making it worse. Xx
    I know but the fear that I might miss something is so strong. I have partly managed to just glance the last 2 times, the anxiety is still huge though. You're right about the ocd, I have some ocd behaviours.

Well done for the improvement. I know it will be strong. What helped me work on my OCD behaviours was the recognition that it could go two ways:

1. I could still keep performing my compulsions to alleviate the anxiety instantly (more or less) for it to return and become more severe as time goes on.

2. I could try and stop performing the compulsions, causing intense anxiety at the start but having it get weaker as time goes on.

Prior to this of course you need to try and work on your denial/beliefs. Work on not denying that this is a mental health problems and the belief that you will miss something without checking.

Nothing is too strong for you to control, I promise. You just need to find the right mindset to see that you are stronger than these thoughts. X

Sent from my moto e5 using Tapatalk

Well done for the improvement. I know it will be strong. What helped me work on my OCD behaviours was the recognition that it could go two ways:

1. I could still keep performing my compulsions to alleviate the anxiety instantly (more or less) for it to return and become more severe as time goes on.

2. I could try and stop performing the compulsions, causing intense anxiety at the start but having it get weaker as time goes on.

Prior to this of course you need to try and work on your denial/beliefs. Work on not denying that this is a mental health problems and the belief that you will miss something without checking.

Nothing is too strong for you to control, I promise. You just need to find the right mindset to see that you are stronger than these thoughts. X

It's not just about checking it's also about trying to stay calm if I need to go more than once or twice as my anxiety rises massively if I have to go too much. I overreact to everything, any small sensation in my stomach and I start to feel panicky. xx

Oh bless you. :( I do feel for you. I hope that you can get on top of this anxiety. It is anxiety you know, not illness. Xx

Oh bless you. :( I do feel for you. I hope that you can get on top of this anxiety. It is anxiety you know, not illness. Xx

Thank you for your kind words. I hope I can get out of this constant hell that i'm living in but I don't feel optimistic at all xx

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    It's not just about checking it's also about trying to stay calm if I need to go more than once or twice as my anxiety rises massively if I have to go too much. I overreact to everything, any small sensation in my stomach and I start to feel panicky. xx
    It's far from easy but I get the feeling that any advice will be met with a "yes but" response from you, Rainbow. Emma has given you some excellent advice here. Any small steps taken by you will be such an achievement and in time you could find that you are making progress towards liberation from this daily torment. And it would be "liberation" x

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's far from easy but I get the feeling that any advice will be met with a "yes but" response from you, Rainbow. Emma has given you some excellent advice here. Any small steps taken by you will be such an achievement and in time you could find that you are making progress towards liberation from this daily torment. And it would be "liberation" x
    I do appreciate all the replies and advice i've had here. I honestly want to be free of this awful anxiety and have tried very hard to not give into it but it is overwhelming at times and my thoughts take over. x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information