Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tachycardia day and night

Re: Tachycardia day and night

Unfortunately another monitor is making me nervous...the scale...i’ve Lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks....if weight loss can be to stress then hopefully that is the cause...my diet has remained the same.....but stress actually increased after cardiologist even though I got good news.....a”friend” has hyperthyroidism.......I guess she didnt realize I had health anxiety....after hearing her ordeal i’m letting my imagination run wild......after 10 years of being hyperthyroid and 2 “storms” that nearly killed her she had it removed...and been just as miserable ever since.....I must find out if it’s thyroid but hoping for it “just” being stress.....i’m Exhausted.

8lbs in 3 weeks is nothing, especially when you're stressed. Even eating a couple of hundred calories a day less combined with elevated adrenaline can easily equate to a couple of pounds a week.

Well, that’s good to hear, Joe....thanks!

This is what I’m showing my shrink for panic disorder later today...

.- [ ] Been having tachycardia with minimum exertion last 6 months. (100-171 bpm)..during the day, 95-110 during the night every night right after awakening from REM...(edit)...2/5/19....awoke this am to 155 bpm.....

- [ ] I saw a cardiologist in December- ekg/echo/7-day holter monitor- heart okay: possibly anxiety or thyroid.
    - [ ] In January I saw an endocrinologist -full thyroid panel done- while antibody tests were high, he said nothing is wrong with my thyroid. He thinks it’s stress/anxiety.
    - [ ] Anxiety has been worse the last two years.
    - [ ] Last year and this year I’ve told my wife the lorazepam I’m taking just doesn’t feel like it’s the same drug any more..it’s not as effective and doesn’t last as long. Early in 2018 I noticed on a new prescription instead of “Watson’ on the prescription label I saw “Leading Pharma” as the manufacturer. It too was ineffective, often making me think I had forgotten to take my lorazepam.
    - [ ] My next prescription was filled with Actavis as the manufacturer yet the tablets still had “Watson” inscribed on them. Like the “Watson” I had the previous year...it too seemed ineffective compared to the Watson I had been taking for 7 years.
    - [ ] I spoke with a pharmacy manager who told me that Qualitest, Watson, Sandoz, and Mylan had all stopped making lorazepam and only two manufacturers (Leading Pharma and Actavis) we’re making it now....and both are made in India. Because they are imported from India they do not have the <5% of active ingredient deviation enforced on American generic manufacturers...but instead, in order to make them competitive, are permitted to deviate 5-20% from the required active ingredient and still obtain FDA approval.
    - [ ] I told the pharmacy manager that I noticed my Watson changing about 2 years ago....she told me Teva bought out Watson in 2013.....including the backlogged stock and molds (that’s why ‘Watson’ was still appearing on the tablets)....and it took slightly over 2 years for the old Watson stock to be exhausted...plus an additional 6 months for the pharmacies to distribute it.
    - [ ] That would bring it up to mid-2017 when I first noticed a difference in the lorazepam I’m taking. Brand name Ativan is not covered by Medicare.
    - [ ] So, currently my pcp, my cbt therapist, my cardiologist, my endocrinologist and my wife of 49 years think it’s my anxiety causing most of my issues such as heightened anxiety, day and night tachycardia, irritability, difficultly concentrating, and depression.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information