Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Describe breathlessness caused by anxiety?

Re: Describe breathlessness caused by anxiety?

Quote Originally Posted by MaWi69 View Post
    It’s an old thread Hope, not sure they will respond (be interested myself though as I have had a similar thing for a week now. If I stand I get a bit dizzy for a bit then it seems to settle down, but doesn’t disappear. I bought myself a PulseOx tester to reassure myself and everything is normal (it helps the anxiety a bit).
    I have LPR (silent reflux) and I have numerous other symptoms, but this one is new to me. I’m not sure if it’s anxiety about my other symptoms causing it or whether it is a symptom in itself.
    But apparently LPR can cause just the breathing symptom - in these times of strangeness and when it may not be possible to see a doctor, it may help you to try and do some of the lifestyle changes they recommend for LPR? (Sleep on a wedge or prop up your bed, avoid fatty / acidic foods, avoid caffeine / chocolate / alcohol, avoid fizzy things, take gaviscon advance after meals and before bed, sleep on your left side, and don’t eat within 3 hours of bedtime).
    But if your lips are tinged blue then I would speak to a health worker of some form (I am certainly not one!).
    Hope it goes ok.
    Hello, could I ask what LPR stands for please? thank you x

Quote Originally Posted by DL45 View Post
    Hello, could I ask what LPR stands for please? thank you x
    From the post you quoted - "I have LPR (silent reflux) "

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    From the post you quoted - "I have LPR (silent reflux) "

Positive thoughts
    Sorry, yes I read that at the time, I actually meant LPR .....I am taking the last letter to mean Reflux, not sure of the LP?

Sorry all, LPR is also called silent reflux (please look up LPR as it’s a nightmare to spell!!). It’s similar to GERD which is the other type of reflux. Big difference is GERD normally has indigestion and pains along those lines, LPR tends to be more throat based (lump in throat, excessive mucus you can’t shift etc). Although there is a lot of crossover.
    Both can cause very random symptoms (there are loads of forums on the internet). The good thing is you can make some lifestyle changes to treat most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MaWi69 View Post
    Sorry all, LPR is also called silent reflux (please look up LPR as it’s a nightmare to spell!!). It’s similar to GERD which is the other type of reflux. Big difference is GERD normally has indigestion and pains along those lines, LPR tends to be more throat based (lump in throat, excessive mucus you can’t shift etc). Although there is a lot of crossover.
    Both can cause very random symptoms (there are loads of forums on the internet). The good thing is you can make some lifestyle changes to treat most of them.
    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information