Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Throat Ulcer - terrified it's cancer

Re: Throat Ulcer - terrified it's cancer

So the pain has largely gone but when I look in my mouth I still see some white spots.

Now I am not sure if one of them is the ulcer the doctor saw because I wasn't checking my mouth in such depth before I went there. It's a small white marking in the general region of that side of the throat, on the bridge thing, if I weren't worried and looking I could dismiss it as a natural discolouration. No one's mouth is uniformly red is it?

On the other side though there is a small white spot. It's raised like a pimple about the same size too.

I feel like I am growing mad. I can't keep going to the doctor everytime I see something in my mouth but at the same time what if it's something?

Just bumping this rather than creating a new thread.

The 'problem' at the back of the my mouth has gone really but now I still get 'discomfort' at the back, especially on the tongue. It could be in my head and/or normal sensations. I 'feel' food on the side where the problem was more but for all I know I am just hyper focused on it.

Anyway I've booked an appointment with the dentist because they can look and also it's about that time of year anyway.

Should I mention my concerns or would they see any issue anyway? Obviously I would normally mention them but there is also a irritation on the side of my tongue and I don't want to go with a list of different locations I am concerned about cos I'll come across (correctly) as a paranoid lunatic.

I also worry that they'll misunderstand my concern, prone to anxiety that I am, and if they do see anything they would otherwise ignore they might think it more serious because they think it's giving me real pain since I intentionally mentioned it when it could be what everyone else wouldn't give a second though too.

Quote Originally Posted by AnxiousForever View Post
    Just bumping this rather than creating a new thread.

The 'problem' at the back of the my mouth has gone really but now I still get 'discomfort' at the back, especially on the tongue. It could be in my head and/or normal sensations. I 'feel' food on the side where the problem was more but for all I know I am just hyper focused on it.

Anyway I've booked an appointment with the dentist because they can look and also it's about that time of year anyway.

Should I mention my concerns or would they see any issue anyway? Obviously I would normally mention them but there is also a irritation on the side of my tongue and I don't want to go with a list of different locations I am concerned about cos I'll come across (correctly) as a paranoid lunatic.

I also worry that they'll misunderstand my concern, prone to anxiety that I am, and if they do see anything they would otherwise ignore they might think it more serious because they think it's giving me real pain since I intentionally mentioned it when it could be what everyone else wouldn't give a second though too.
    MENTION IT! You’ll kick yourself and stress if you don’t.

Update since I know when searching it helps others to see what happened.

Dentist took a look, didn't seem concerned or bothered at all. Much like the doctor back in December. I think I have to accept this is all in my head.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information