Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mirtazapine side effects

Re: Mirtazapine side effects

No - not really - I think there were a couple of days early on when my wife said I was more irritable than usual, but that went quite quickly. Certainly no anger or anything like that

Did you have any problems stopping?

I have carried on with mirtazapine 15mg and have review with GP tomorrow.
    Have been getting restless legs but the jerks have stopped.
    Do not want to increase dose, feel about the same as before taking them, but felt really bad last weekend but this has passed.
    Have put on 3 pounds.
    Not sure if GP will let me stay on such a low dose.

I lasted 3 days on Mirtazspine

- restless legs was agony
    - unstoppable appetite
    -. frequent urination as in having to take a leak every 5 minutes for over an hour

it's apparently. a damn good med when it works

Quote Originally Posted by chrismex89 View Post
    Have you ever experienced anger issues with mirtazapine?
    I realise this is an old comment, but I only just found this thread. I was put on 30mg Mirtazapine last summer, and have found I am having some dreadful feelings of anger - especially in the mornings. I am also a lot more irritable than is usual. Some days I work myself up into such an angry state, my heart and head feel like they are going to burst. It's so hard to control.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Some days I work myself up into such an angry state, my heart and head feel like they are going to burst. It's so hard to control.
    Have you told your GP/psychiatrist about this? Imho, you should be off mirtazapine asap, Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Have you told your GP/psychiatrist about this? Imho, you should be off mirtazapine asap, Andrew.
    Hi, sorry I wrote a replay a few days ago but obviously it didn't make it through here.

I am actually waiting to get an appointment with my GP to discuss my meds. They currently have no advance booking system online because a software switch over is still taking place [it was supposed to be finalised in Novermber '19] as it is I have to wait until 24 February until advance bookings are back then get an appointment sometime after that.

They currently have no advance booking system online because a software switch over is still taking place [it was supposed to be finalised in Novermber '19] as it is I have to wait until 24 February until advance bookings are back then get an appointment sometime after that.
    Is there no other way of booking an appointment? What do patients with serious medical issues do?

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Is there no other way of booking an appointment? What do patients with serious medical issues do?
    It's a case of calling a soon as the surgery opens and hope you get through to book an appointment on the day. Had no luck, always engaged or no appointments available.

It's a case of calling a soon as the surgery opens and hope you get through to book an appointment on the day. Had no luck, always engaged or no appointments available.
    I'd be camped on their doorstep at opening time and waiting until I saw a doctor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information