Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Mirtazapine side effects

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    283

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    No - not really - I think there were a couple of days early on when my wife said I was more irritable than usual, but that went quite quickly. Certainly no anger or anything like that

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Did you have any problems stopping?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,209

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    I have carried on with mirtazapine 15mg and have review with GP tomorrow.
    Have been getting restless legs but the jerks have stopped.
    Do not want to increase dose, feel about the same as before taking them, but felt really bad last weekend but this has passed.
    Have put on 3 pounds.
    Not sure if GP will let me stay on such a low dose.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    602

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    I lasted 3 days on Mirtazspine

    - restless legs was agony
    - unstoppable appetite
    -. frequent urination as in having to take a leak every 5 minutes for over an hour

    it's apparently. a damn good med when it works

  5. #15

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by chrismex89 View Post
    Have you ever experienced anger issues with mirtazapine?
    I realise this is an old comment, but I only just found this thread. I was put on 30mg Mirtazapine last summer, and have found I am having some dreadful feelings of anger - especially in the mornings. I am also a lot more irritable than is usual. Some days I work myself up into such an angry state, my heart and head feel like they are going to burst. It's so hard to control.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    Some days I work myself up into such an angry state, my heart and head feel like they are going to burst. It's so hard to control.
    Have you told your GP/psychiatrist about this? Imho, you should be off mirtazapine asap, Andrew.
    __________________
    .

    - - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -




    The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

  7. #17

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Have you told your GP/psychiatrist about this? Imho, you should be off mirtazapine asap, Andrew.
    Hi, sorry I wrote a replay a few days ago but obviously it didn't make it through here.

    I am actually waiting to get an appointment with my GP to discuss my meds. They currently have no advance booking system online because a software switch over is still taking place [it was supposed to be finalised in Novermber '19] as it is I have to wait until 24 February until advance bookings are back then get an appointment sometime after that.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    They currently have no advance booking system online because a software switch over is still taking place [it was supposed to be finalised in Novermber '19] as it is I have to wait until 24 February until advance bookings are back then get an appointment sometime after that.
    Is there no other way of booking an appointment? What do patients with serious medical issues do?

  9. #19

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    Is there no other way of booking an appointment? What do patients with serious medical issues do?
    It's a case of calling a soon as the surgery opens and hope you get through to book an appointment on the day. Had no luck, always engaged or no appointments available.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,424

    Re: Mirtazapine side effects

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew68 View Post
    It's a case of calling a soon as the surgery opens and hope you get through to book an appointment on the day. Had no luck, always engaged or no appointments available.
    I'd be camped on their doorstep at opening time and waiting until I saw a doctor.
    __________________
    .

    - - What to know about: Telepsychiatry | Teletherapy - -




    The opinions expressed above are based on my observations and, where applicable, interpretation of cited data and are general in nature. Consult your physician before acting on anything stated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Mirtazapine side effects?
    By Hannahlou84 in forum Mirtazapine /Zispin
    Replies: 260
    Last Post: 15-09-17, 00:14
  2. Fluoxetine + Mirtazapine - are these normal side effects?
    By turtleonaleash in forum Fluoxetine / Prozac
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-17, 15:43
  3. Mirtazapine side effects?
    By ld91 in forum Mirtazapine /Zispin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-08-14, 18:30
  4. mirtazapine side effects
    By traciec39 in forum Mirtazapine /Zispin
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-13, 13:45
  5. Mirtazapine - side effects
    By crumble in forum Mirtazapine /Zispin
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-09-11, 18:29

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •