Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Multiple Low Blood Sugar Feelings Per Day (Blood Sugar Levels Normal)

Re: Multiple Low Blood Sugar Feelings Per Day (Blood Sugar Levels Normal)

Quote Originally Posted by DustingMyselfOff View Post
    Following along with interest..... same symptoms, same blood test results. I have owned a home blood glucose monitor for over 20 years because I've suspected I'm a reactive hypoglycemic for decades. I can check my blood before a meal, during a meal, right after, 2 hours after, during episodes, it's always right where it should be: picture perfect. So then why do we feel so awful!?!?!

The only time I've had relief from this is when I eat a very low carb / high fat diet, but that gets hard to maintain long term, and when I start eating carbs again, I start eating more and more, and the lousy "low sugar" episodes start again. So the answer is obviously to lower my carbs and avoid sugar but easier said than done.

My symptoms come on the same way, in the same order, each time: I will be eating something and all of a sudden I get a jolt of dizziness, almost knocks me off my chair. Then the intense anxiety kicks in, then I have to rush to the bathroom URGENTLY (I have colitis) and then I am completely exhausted to the point of falling asleep sitting up if I let myself. If it happens when I'm not sitting, I feel as if I'm going to faint so I always bend over or sit down so I don't crash and fall. I've never actually fainted but it feels like I'm so close to doing so.

Is reactive hypoglycemia a real thing? When I've mentioned it to doctors they wave it off, kinda like adrenal fatigue.
    Sue
    Ive wondered about reactive hypoglycemia too. Im currently having an episode now and its a dreasful feeling. Blood sugar is always normal when checked though. Mine comes and goes though, so it can be ok for a month then Ill get these days of waves of feelijg faint, weak, trembly and like Im going to die. Eating only improves it breifly. I wonder if the vagus nerve is being irritated and causing this, or some kind of low grade infection/auto immune response or adreneline issue. Its a big mystery and my gp seems to think its only anxiety.

I used to get this all the time. It was awful. I'd walk my dog with him tied around my waist because I was so scared about passing out and him running on the road. I had a home blood sugar monitor and a blood pressure machine. Both were always fine. I had fasting blood tests done. All fine.

At the time I refused to believe it was anxiety but, for me, that's exactly what it was. Make sure you have a balanced diet and exercise. Otherwise, address the anxiety. It plays havoc with our physiology and is most likely the root cause.

I used to have these symtpoms as well. I started to incorporate more protein in my diet. So I keep a schedule of my meals and don't miss a meal ever! But inbetween meals I'll have an Ensure shake with protein. This has helped immensley and I no longer have those feelings of "hypoglycemia." I also went to my doctor who did bloodwork, but everything was perfectly normal. I also read that anxiety can cause our bodies to be very sensitive to blood sugar changes, even if they are in the normal range. Those protein snacks/shakes inbetween meals did the trick for me. Hope this helps!

Hi I'm Jay I no this is old but I just started getting this. Every time I eat and not even a big meal. I start to feel lightheaded .shakes. very tierd. I checked my blood pressure it was 122/82 my blood suger level was 5.6 . Feels worse if laying down. Any info be great. I'm Hopeing it anxiety . Let me no pitcher.james@ymail.com

Hi I know this is an old post I would love to know how everyone is getting on please

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information