Thread: Bum problems

Bum problems

Hey everyone, how are you all doing?

Been doing well for a few months now but as is always I've started getting symptoms which have sent my anxiety spiking again.

Started off a few weeks back when I began to get some slight discomfort in my back passage area. The best way to describe it was feeling uncomfortable.

I'd had some sort of stomach bug in the weeks prior to this, which the doctor had prescribed antibiotics for. I'd also had blood tests and a stool sample for tested for calprotectin etc. back in November that came back clear.

However, this week the discomfort in the back passage has got worse. I'd had a sort of 'pulsing' feeling in the entrance to my bum, as if I have a something blocking the entrance. Then tonight I've started to get the odd sharp/throb that lasts for a second and then goes away in the same area.

I've not seen any blood in my stools and not had any diarrhoea either, but I'm terrified it's a tumour :(

Re: Bum problems

It sounds inflammation related- maybe an abscess just begin? My husband had a peri anal abscess and he described his symptoms like yours. He needed antibiotics.... so maybe show a doctor?

I have a bum problem,I am sitting on it for most of the day.

Could be piles - get a doc to examine you

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Could be piles - get a doc to examine you
    I thought piles gave you blood when you wiped? It gets a little itchy back there sometimes, but motly it just feels like pressure.

Will try and book an appointment for early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRed View Post
    I thought piles gave you blood when you wiped? It gets a little itchy back there sometimes, but motly it just feels like pressure.

Will try and book an appointment for early next week.
    Not all piles bleed, some just ache and feel uncomfortable due to irritation. Sometime you can get inflammation without piles. A trip to the Dr should sort things out.

Yep, I've had piles for decades and they only bleed occasionally. It tends to be due to the wiping i.e. too much of it.

They can certainly make you feel like there is something "there". Larger ones can feel like something is popping out of your bumhole, especially after a big movement or the runs.

If they are sore, they can throb.

So I went to the doctors this week about my problem. They did an internal exam and said they felt nothing in there (no piles etc.) but found a soreness on the outside so prescribed cream instead.

But I've still got the same discomfort inside the bum, as well as an ache/pressure in my coccyx area and deep in the bum cheeks.

With Christmas now upon us I don't think it's gong to get resolved any time soon and I'm really scared it's serious :(

I have a similar problem to you although a nurse did find piles, and possibly internal too. Maybe there is a pile that they didn’t spot, or a tear, or maybe your stomach bug has upset some balance in your tummy and caused you to have either inflammation or maybe more acidic stools? My dad has problems with acidic stools which make him sore etc so maybe that’s something.

I also think that good old anxiety has a part to play in this. My symptoms are worse when I am stressed and I pretty sure that when you are tense, muscles you don’t even know you have tense up. Last year I had a massive issue with Globus and was convinced there was something there, but the muscles had contracted and made a lump feeling in my throat. Your back passage has muscles that expand and contract and I reckon that the throbbing, bum and coccyx pain might even be muscular. For me anyway I’m sure it makes everything feel worse.

Try relaxing, doing something that you love and that allows you to shift focus. If the pain magically disappears and then comes back when you realise it had gone, it’s got to be anxiety. Serious illnesses would hurt all the time and not come and go.

Good luck!

Thread Information