Thread: Globus - how long till it goes away?

Globus - how long till it goes away?

So, JUST when i thought things were getting better, just when I thought I had experienced every anxiety symptom possible, I get hit by globus hystericus.

I have experienced this briefly (like for a few hours or less) before, but this time I have been going through a lot of stress, it started 2 weeks ago and hasn't gone away!

I keep reading horror stories of people having it for months...I do not feel stressed now (the stressful event I was worried about passed a week ago), WHY IS IT STILL THERE?!?! Anyone advise how long I can expect this to continue? It is SO annoying. I find however it goes away when I eat, and I read this is due to the muscles relaxing in the throat.

Re: Globus - how long till it goes away?

There is no answer to this. I had it for many many months and others may say it lasts just a few days/weeks so we can't really tell you to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I've also had it for three months before, however, when I've had it since it's never lasted anything like that long.

Hang in there? I know it's awful.

UGHHH its so horrible

Just try to roll with it. I always found that sipping water helped lessen the panic by reminding me there wasn't anything physically wrong.

I've experienced it for months on end, it will go when your body gets fed up of it, 90% of it is caused by tension around your neck and shoulders...

Hi guys, after a few uncomfortable days (maybe a week) it went away. That is the good news. The bad news is that I am still getting lots of other symptoms. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to it...

Hi guys...
    I have this right now! It is sooooo annoying I have been so anxious for the past 5 weeks and had it on and off for over a month. Today is particularly bad - I feel like I have to keep yawning or coughing to get some air in! Literally feel like I'm being choked. Horrible!

Hope you feel better soon!

Thread Information