Thread: Leukemia Worries

Leukemia Worries

Been feeling a bit sick last few weeks, allegies, viruses in the home. Also have been dealing with extreme anxiety and stress. Doc visit revealed a WBC of 13.1 with a top range of 11, absolute granulocytes 10.6 with top range of 8.0. My Doc, ARPN and an Oncologist I had read my bloodwork says says there is absolutely nothing to worry about, don't even want to repeat. The remainder of my bloodwork was "perfect". Anyone else here struggled with this?

Re: Leukemia Worries

Your wbc and granulocytes are raised. Nobody online can really say for sure why this could be. It could be infection.

Also a haematologist would deal with leukaemia - why are you seeing an oncologist for this?

Im sorry I can't be more help. I'm not sure if you're asking because you have leukaemia or that you're worried you may have it

Either way, your doctor is the best placed to explain the wbc and granulocytes to you

Good luck

Edit. I re read your post (I'm using from my mobile). I'm assuming you DON'T have leukaemia and that you're worried you do. In that case ^wbc can be caused by many things including infections.

I really woudltn be worried if your doctor sees no reason to be :-)
    Last edited by RadioGaGa; 14-12-18 at 19:50.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Just worried I do. Even though 2-3 docs are telling me not to worry, no need to repeat, my mind is a mess

Quote Originally Posted by rmq00108 View Post
    Just worried I do. Even though 2-3 docs are telling me not to worry, no need to repeat, my mind is a mess
    If "2-3 docs" are telling you not to worry and you don't believe them why would you believe anyone on here ?

Quote Originally Posted by NancyW View Post
    If "2-3 docs" are telling you not to worry and you don't believe them why would you believe anyone on here ?
    I'm just struggling mightily. That's all. It's irrational. Just didn't know if anyone else on here had similar experience

I'm just struggling mightily. That's all. It's irrational. Just didn't know if anyone else on here had similar experience
    Scroll to the bottom of the page for similar threads and/or do a search for pages of similar threads.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Doctor just emailed me.

We take bloodwork very seriously. So for us to say it looks okay and not to worry about means we are pretty confident in that. I would definitely focus on treating the anxiety. You should not give a second thought to leukemia based on this.

Doctor just emailed me.

We take bloodwork very seriously. So for us to say it looks okay and not to worry about means we are pretty confident in that. I would definitely focus on treating the anxiety. You should not give a second thought to leukemia based on this.
    Bam! That's telling it like it is! I wish more doctors were that direct!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

It's pretty straight forward, isn't it.

Thread Information