Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 640

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    434

    Bowel cancer worries

    Ok, on top of the other worries I have going on atm - MS and Aortic Aneurysm, tonight I've become petrified of bowel cancer.

    I've suffered from bloating and some loose stools for around 5 years now, however this year has been the worst and I'm currently going through another phase of bloat/loose stools in as few as 2 weeks. The bloat is relieved when I pass wind, but returns a few hours after. Last night I was breaking wind almost every half hour. I'm also peeing quite frequently and thinking what if it's a bowel tumour pressing against my bladder. My stools have been quite 'sludgy' and thinner recently, and I've been going twice a day.

    I've been to the doc in the past and they've mentioned IBS because it's been intermittent and quite sparse between episodes rather than continuos. However after looking on the bowel cancer website, I'm really concerned - was bordering on a panic attack earlier. I first went to the doc about this 3 years ago.

    I read some survivor stories and some of them had symptoms for years - much like me, and took lots of doc nagging to get a referral. I'm overcome with worry that I've got bowel cancer based on so similarities with those people on that website.

    Sorry for posting again, my partner has lost patience with me and I can't feel I can talk to anyone else in my family because they feel I've lost the plot with my HA. My mental health has probably been declining over the past 6 months, and I've been overcome with stress and anxiety at times.

    I'm very frightened right now, and apologies if the post contains to much information.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    No way!! You really ARE as bad as me!!

    ---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

    Seriously though- are you getting help with this?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    434

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    No way!! You really ARE as bad as me!!

    ---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:23 ----------

    Seriously though- are you getting help with this?
    I'm not in a great way admittedly.

    After googling a bit more tonight, I think Crohn's is more of a likely diagnosis now - but equally as frightening, especially with the raised cancer chances. I have a sore at the corner of my mouth which is classic Crohn's, along with fatigue and some other symptoms.

    Can Crohn's come and go over years before finally developing into a serious episode?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I'm not in a great way admittedly.

    After googling a bit more tonight, I think Crohn's is more of a likely diagnosis now - but equally as frightening, especially with the raised cancer chances. I have a sore at the corner of my mouth which is classic Crohn's, along with fatigue and some other symptoms.

    Can Crohn's come and go over years before finally developing into a serious episode?
    I really think it’s not likely. You are in a state of acute hyper awareness. It is awful but it doesn’t mean you have a serious disease. Are you on any meds?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    434

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I really think it’s not likely. You are in a state of acute hyper awareness. It is awful but it doesn’t mean you have a serious disease. Are you on any meds?
    Do you mean anxiety/depression meds?

    I have had a prescription for Citalopram for 3 weeks now, but have been too afraid to take them.

    The only other things I take is Mebeverine for the 'IBS' now and again.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Do you mean anxiety/depression meds?

    I have had a prescription for Citalopram for 3 weeks now, but have been too afraid to take them.

    The only other things I take is Mebeverine for the 'IBS' now and again.
    I do mean anxiety meds. I think you should take them...
    Xx

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    434

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I do mean anxiety meds. I think you should take them...
    Xx
    Yes perhaps you're right. Been peeing a lot this morning, dry mouth, 4th bowel movement in 32 hours. Im on the verge of ringing the NHS out of hours service again, feeling desperate right now.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    , , United Kingdom.
    Posts
    42,370

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    I would make another appointment with your GP and ask if they would consider doing further investigations as it could be something or nothing but you are worried.
    __________________
    Nicola

    “Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

    Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate




  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Yes perhaps you're right. Been peeing a lot this morning, dry mouth, 4th bowel movement in 32 hours. Im on the verge of ringing the NHS out of hours service again, feeling desperate right now.
    Dry mouth and increased bowel movements ARE anxiety symptoms. I think you are in the middle of an HA crisis (as am I - so I understand how you feel). You do need help with this.
    Xx

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    434

    Re: Bowel cancer worries

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Dry mouth and increased bowel movements ARE anxiety symptoms. I think you are in the middle of an HA crisis (as am I - so I understand how you feel). You do need help with this.
    Xx
    My mother in law (she was a doctor) came round earlier and demanded I take the medication. I'm going to really try and start them in the morning.

    I'm also going to see my GP monday, I have tenderness around the belly button when I press down which is a sure sign of something serious like Crohn's or Cancer.

    What are you doing about your HA?

Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Bowel Cancer Worries- tmi
    By Lucy1234 in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 28-02-16, 01:27
  2. Bowel cancer worries
    By hannah25 in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-07-14, 18:06
  3. Bowel Cancer Worries :-(
    By Lanesra in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-05-14, 10:27
  4. IBS bowel cancer worries
    By JulesD in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-09, 15:06
  5. PLEASE help me:( urgent bowel cancer worries.
    By Alexy in forum IBS, IBD, Bowel, Stomach problems
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-09, 18:17

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •