Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Because you can suffer from anxiety symptoms without feeling outwardly anxious - it's a nuisance, but that's how it is.

Have you taken steps to get help with your anxiety yet?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Because you can suffer from anxiety symptoms without feeling outwardly anxious - it's a nuisance, but that's how it is.

Have you taken steps to get help with your anxiety yet?
    I have made another appointment with the GP to discuss my anxiety and the meds, and whether or not theres anything else therapy wise available for me.

I am carrying on with the hypnotherapy which I do find calming.

That's good to know - hopefully you'll be feeling better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Yes I probably am, i've been complaining about my stomach all day and she picks things up all the time right now.

I just want an answer to this now. I just do not understand how if I've been feeling calmer and eating quite plainly, why am I suffering another flare up of this abdomen issue. It just doesn't make sense.
    Maybe the sigmoidoscopy missed something? Sorry. Not funny. Just putting into words what you are thinking.
    of COURSE it makes sense. It’s IBS!!!
    NOTHING YOU DESCRIBE IS UNUSUAL!!

Sounds like typical IBS to me as well. Why not treat it as that and try the FODMAP diet and see how that goes.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I just want an answer to this now. I just do not understand how if I've been feeling calmer and eating quite plainly, why am I suffering another flare up of this abdomen issue. It just doesn't make sense.
    You have an answer. You just haven't been willing to accept it. (anxiety + possible IBS)
    Anxiety just doesn't "poof" go away in three days. It will be a long work in progress.

Hi all I have something to share which is therapy related, I was thinking for starting a new thread about, but ah well. Just wanted some opinions on this and whether I'm being a bit dramatic.

My bowels have been better this week, albeit for a weird mucousy incident when I seemed more constipated and today I have been 4 times instead of the once as i've been during the previous 4 days - just strange. Trying to just accept that it's IBS.

Anyway, so the therapist I've been seeing for 2 months now has landed me in a frustrating and annoying position. Bit upsetting as well. I see him every wednesday, and the wednesday (10th) before my procedure (12th) he said to me that my next appt would be my last as I've been 'making good progress' (?!) and I should be able to carry on with the hypnotherapy listening myself. Now, when I saw him originally he told me that I would be seeing him 6 weeks straights, then another 4 sessions every 2 weeks, leading to sessions once a month or how I want to proceed.

So I walk into his office wednesday, it's like separate from his house, and everything except 2 dining chairs and a desk had been cleared from the room - he had certificates and paintings on the wall, including a comfy chair and filing cabinet. Bit weird I thought. He then explains that they were due to MOVE HOUSE next week, but it's been delayed because of an issue in the chain. He's also moving 250 miles away!!

Now, a for sale has been on the house since I've been going to see him, and I asked him 2 months ago if he's moving soon, and where, because I need to strike up a relationship with a therapist long term to sort out my anxieties. And he just reassured me saying they're not close to selling, and probably staying local, so he'll be around for a while yet - enough to get me better. No wonder he was telling me that wednesday was going to be my last session - he was off! I know house sales can happen quickly, but having sold two houses myself - not this bloody quick.

I feel really annoyed, and a bit taken advantage of. Upset as well, because I really trusted him and geniuenly liked listening to him. Found listening to the tracks quite calming and uplifting at times. These sessions are not cheap, and he probably knew 2 months ago that he would be moving sometime in the near future.

Now, I have two thoughts:

1 - He thought he could help and make me better before he moved away, and unfortunately it hasn't fully worked - I'm partly to blame for not helping myself I guess.

2 - He knew he was moving soon, and took me on simply to make money.

I'm 90% at number 2 because his original explanation of how long the therapy will take place doesn't add up if he thought he could help before he moved away, especially when I told him I wanted to therapy long term to deal with years of built up anxieties and mental issues.

I'm tempted to cut ties now, and start a fresh with another therapist, because for all I know he could be moving next week instead. I feel he should have at least kept me informed of what was happening, rather than just disappear at the drop of a hat.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 21-04-19 at 22:11.

Anyone have any advice for me on the above? My next appt is tomorrow night, but I feel a bit aggrieved about going now.

That is rally annoying Mr L and the last thing you need. It sounds as if you might’ve been treated slightly unprofessionally as well. I would like this therapist to be referring you to another rather than trying to discharge you on the grounds of “good progress”. It seems to me you still have a lot to work through. BUT I think it SO GREAT that you are now posting on here about your real problem. I do think this IS genuine progress and represents light at the end of the tunnel. Well done you!

Agreeing with Jojo here - I think you have every right to be miffed about this.

I know it's frustrating, but you may want to start looking for somebody new.

Page 64 of 67 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread Information