Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Quote Originally Posted by KrankerMann View Post
    At least you admit you have been wrong at times. This is what I refer to as "utter rubbish."

But please answer the questions I posed to you. As a fellow HA sufferer I ask myself the same questions. If you struggle to answer them, you should have all you need to know.
    Why do I google online and believe websites over doctors / family? I guess there are a few reasons.

I have always had a cynical mind, and the glass is always half empty.

There are LOTS of stories of people who have been diagnosed incorrectly and then it's been left till too late - my symptoms have mirrored some of those stories.

I don't trust people a lot, doctors being one after a bad experience years ago - I have written about this on here somewhere.

Many medical websites state that cancer symptoms CAN come and go, and real life stories reflect that - so not sure why people and doctors say it doesn't.

I'm completely obsessed with BC, and don't think I can stop until I get more tests. Looking up, I have a 0.006 percent chance of getting it, which is tiny I know, but I firmly believe that I could be one of those people. Still scared and still lost.

The plural of anecdote isn't data, though, and a lot of the stories you're reading are, by definition, anecdotal in nature.

I have also for the past few weeks been burping a lot, and getting strange gnawing / hunger pains, even shortly after eating. Could this be acid reflux? I don't really get heartburn or burning pains in my throat. Just this excessive burping.

You're spiralling, Mr. L. You've been told your problem is anxiety, and it clearly is.

Work on that.

Sorry for TMI, but I have also been going to the loo more often over the past 6 months, twice a day usually.

So many symptoms, and it's just really upsetting. Feel like I'm in limbo.

I repeat, you're spiralling. Take a moment to think about how to manage your anxiety.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Don't fall into the self-fulfilling prophecy trap of wishing yourself ill, Mr L. You have wife and kids and you need to defiantly face your HA full on.

Stop Googling and focus on your recovery!

Never Surrender, Comrade

What about MS? You were sure you had that.

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Don't fall into the self-fulfilling prophecy trap of wishing yourself ill, Mr L. You have wife and kids and you need to defiantly face your HA full on.

Stop Googling and focus on your recovery!
    Think I'm in the trap already tbh :-(

I'm worried that my year of worrying and stressing has given me some horrible disease - again, it's because I've read up that stress can cause problems with stomach acid, immune system etc.

My aunty's husband was diagnosed with Myeloma 2 years ago, and he'd been through years of stress with a financial family dispute after his mothers death. So now my dad firmly believes that the stress 'gave him' cancer, which is a pretty unhelpful thing to tell me of course, as I've ended up believing it.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    What about MS? You were sure you had that.
    I've sort of moved on from that. I still have my doubts that what I had was an MS relapse, and a part of me is waiting to for another symptom. Again a disease that can come and go, even though the docs said it doesn't work like that.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Think I'm in the trap already tbh :-(

I'm worried that my year of worrying and stressing has given me some horrible disease - again, it's because I've read up that stress can cause problems with stomach acid, immune system etc.

My aunty's husband was diagnosed with Myeloma 2 years ago, and he'd been through years of stress with a financial family dispute after his mothers death. So now my dad firmly believes that the stress 'gave him' cancer, which is a pretty unhelpful thing to tell me of course, as I've ended up believing it.[COLOR="blue"]
    Anxiety can cause/trigger stress-related disorders like IBS, muscle tension, aches and pains, headaches etc - and more controversially perhaps, fibromyalgia/CFS - but rarely organic diseases like cancer. It's true that years and years of worry and stress will take its toll on your body (especially immune system), but you can reverse the 'wishing yourself ill' prophesy by changing your attitude and way you respond to stress. This is all part of the recovery process I mentioned before. And you must start on the road to recovery, Mr L.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Page 14 of 67 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread Information