Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

If what you're telling me is true, MrLurcher, I've had bowel cancer for well over a decade - pain, mucus, bloating, backache, mushy stools, the lot.

It's occasionally a nuisance but nothing more than that.

Anxiety, though? It's been a life ruiner for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    The procedure is fine. I’ve had a colonoscopy and the thought is much worse than the thing itself. But in your case I honestly don’t think it will help. I am certain you don’t have bowel cancer. And a colonoscopy will do nothing to address the real problem. Why not try the meds?
    Why did you have it done?

---------- Post added at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    If what you're telling me is true, MrLurcher, I've had bowel cancer for well over a decade - pain, mucus, bloating, backache, mushy stools, the lot.

It's occasionally a nuisance but nothing more than that.

Anxiety, though? It's been a life ruiner for me.
    Has it got worse over time or stayed the same?

The night before I was in such bad pain I was curled up on the sofa with a hot water bottle.

Sometimes it gets better, sometimes worse. Very occasionally the pain is enough to bring me out in a cold sweat, but I've lived with it and I know it passed, plus the knowledge it won't harm me helps me to relax through it.

Sometimes it gets better, sometimes worse. Very occasionally the pain is enough to bring me out in a cold sweat, but I've lived with it and I know it passed, plus the knowledge it won't harm me helps me to relax through it.
    Ok, do you get flare ups often? Is it IBS?

My only reassurance at the moment is that both my dad, and his mother have suffered with 'dodgy guts' throughout their lifetime, so it may be in the genes.

I don't think any information I give you will set your mind at ease, and I can't in all conscience act as an enabler for your unhealthy reassurance seeking patterns. I'm a people pleaser and I generally try to be helpful, but I and many, many other people have offered you reassurance only to have you ignore it and/or return within days with another issue.

Your problem is anxiety and you'll never be able to live a fulfilling life until you take steps to get it under control.

I don't think any information I give you will set your mind at ease, and I can't in all conscience act as an enabler for your unhealthy reassurance seeking patterns. I'm a people pleaser and I generally try to be helpful, but I and many, many other people have offered you reassurance only to have you ignore it and/or return within days with another issue.

Your problem is anxiety and you'll never be able to live a fulfilling life until you take steps to get it under control.
    Excellent advice. Nothing more needs to be said.

Fair enough BlueIris, I do appreciate all the replies I get on here, and it's become a haven for me, where I can speak freely without being judged as much as family members do.

Feeling very low tonight, almost as if I dont want to be here anymore, which is ironic when my fear is dying of bowel cancer right now.

Your family are right to challenge your HA. This forum should be challenging your behaviours too. If it's a haven for your HA then it's not helping you at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Fair enough BlueIris, I do appreciate all the replies I get on here, and it's become a haven for me, where I can speak freely without being judged as much as family members do.

Feeling very low tonight, almost as if I dont want to be here anymore, which is ironic when my fear is dying of bowel cancer right now.
    I do understand this sentiment- I really do. What are your family doing to support you?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    I do understand this sentiment- I really do. What are your family doing to support you?
    My partner has 95% lost her patience with me, and when I bring up subjects like this bowel cancer, she just says, 'why haven't I started the tablets'.

My mum is probably the only one who entertains me with my fears at the moment.

The issue I'm finding with this bowel cancer scare is that I actually have probably all the symptoms except the bleeding, but yet because I have HA, the docs won't even take cancer into consideration. BC takes a long time to develop, so they can see in my files that this isn't the first time I've been to see a doc about bowel troubles, and my HA was fine when I got it checked out in May.

I'm constantly fed up and angry with it all, and very impatient with people at times.

It's not over the top to chase a referral for this is it?
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 13-01-19 at 20:45.

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information