Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Just 3 days? These are very common IBS symptoms and in no way warrant a colonoscopy. I could give you the medical name for the feeling of fullness in your rectum but you would google it and come up with something far more sinister. I have it a lot and have IBS..and I've had it a lot longer than 3 days. You have to put a check on your catastrophising when there is no medical need, Mr Lurcher.

Ok, so this morning I'm not sure if I had blood in my stools again. The stools were lots of looser formed bits. There were definately little red bits, like an orangey/red colour, which disintegrated when I pressed them or as I wiped, like a paste. Also red like bits of skin, like tomatoes or peppers. I know that I've seen bits of strawberries, peppers and tomatoes in my poo before, I think I don't digest those foods very well, but I haven't eaten any of those since at least Wednesday, although I may have eaten some of my partners' pasta veg tomato sauce on Thursday night. Also ate a sandwich with tomatos on Wednesday night along with a load of fruit pastilles.

Just worried further again because this has been accompanying mild pain and cramps all over my abdomen. And surely those foods would've passed by now.

My diet has been dreadful this week as well, hardly any fruit, fibre or veg, so I don't know if those would mess things up with my digestive system, but it's the red bits that concern me with no obvious cause.

I don't know whether to continue the iBS meds, take immodiums, skip eating for a day, eat more........
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-03-19 at 11:22.

Very glad you are back eating meals with your partner! Good news!
    stop picking through your poo though. It’s gross

Could a single food kick off a week long episode of IBS? Had two bouts of diarrhea already this morning, and had really bad bloating and wind after eating porridge. On Monday I ate like a spicy noodle pot for the first time for months, mainly due to my IBS type symptoms and bowel issues. Could this have kicked something off this week?

I did eat chilli the week before and had not issues though.

Unless it's the cycle of me worrying and obsessing about it.

Has anyone had success with fasting when having an IBS flare up? Should I take some laxatives to just clear out my entire bowel, incase there's old food trapped in there?

Is anyone there? I'm in a complete mess right now. Been bloated and breaking wind consistently the past hour and I haven't even eaten anything since breakfast! Also stabbing pains in my rectum when forcing wind out. What is going on? I'm dreading going to the toilet later in fear of what my stool is like or if there's blood on it. Why hasn't this stopped by now, most IBS episodes I've had have gone after a few days. This is day 5 of horrible symptoms, lower abdomen heaviness, rectal pain, lots of wind, thin loose stools.

Have a look at the information on IBS, Mr Lurcher? All pretty routine symptoms and nothing to get worked up about.

But you won't want to hear this of course.

IBS can last an entire lifetime Mr L. So 5 days is nothing

Another day another bought of loose thin stools, I'm pretty convinced this is something other than IBS - most likely IBD, UC. Lower abdomen feels full and a bit bloated, with terrible wind, full feeling in rectum. No pain though, but I've read UC can be pretty much painless too. Also have a weird pressure feeling at my coccyxx which almost affects my rectum if that makes sense.

I read the thread of Jenni855, and my symptoms are very similar to hers, although not as extreme. The fact she had a normal stool test and bloods were pretty normal is worrying for me.

Struggling to even survive at the moment and this is ruining my life, but I fear a serious diagnosis will also ruin my life.

It seems IBD is quite frequent in people with anxiety, seen a number of people on this forum diagnosed, so I wonder if I've brought this on myself.

Are the blood and stool tests really trustworthy? Especially in period where UC/Crohns is in remission? I.e. If I was tested right now maybe my bloods and stools would be abnormal due to all the symptoms.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 25-03-19 at 12:11.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Doc finally rang me. He said it REALLY doesn't sound like anything serious to worry about, I've had extensive bloods done and the stool test which gives pretty good indication whether there is a serious problem.

I'm seeing him next Thursday for a chat, and to discuss my anxiety as well, and he said if he has to he will refer me to a gastro for a colonoscopy. But he said thats for my reassurance not because he feels there's a need to.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quite a few websites mention that the main cause of Tenesmus, the rectal fullness I have is IBD - Crohns, UC! Bloody great!

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread Information