Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Seriously, go out for an amble, preferably somewhere with lots of nature? I don't believe it's a miracle cure but I do think it can help. The weather's lovely today, at least here in the Midlands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Seriously, go out for an amble, preferably somewhere with lots of nature? I don't believe it's a miracle cure but I do think it can help. The weather's lovely today, at least here in the Midlands.
    Yes, it's nice here too in West Wales, may go out lunchtime for a wander.

Not sure if I should fast for a day or something......can gastro's help people with IBS? Or direct them on treatment? It just seems a bit unfair that a condition which can be really uncomfortable and in some ways debilitating be brushed off as 'just IBS'.

Not sure how old you are, Mr. L, but it's not possible to live a life free of discomfort and unwanted bodily sensations, especially as we age.

The trick is to learn not to be bothered by them - once you can accept them, you can get on with your life and they won't seem such a big deal.

Not sure how old you are, Mr. L, but it's not possible to live a life free of discomfort and unwanted bodily sensations, especially as we age.

The trick is to learn not to be bothered by them - once you can accept them, you can get on with your life and they won't seem such a big deal.
    AS my grandparents say: At some age you welcome pain because it is a sign you are still alive

Plus as a young person (recently turned 29) with chronic pain issues I can tell you get used to it after a while and make do with what you have.
    Last edited by ZanVaelius; 29-03-19 at 11:51.

32 years young now, feel like I've aged 10 years over the past 12 months.

Maybe I can learn to live with them when I know that they're not caused by anything sinister.

Has anyone every been referred to a gastro, only for them to decide not to do a colonoscopy?

I'm happy that I've been referred and a step closer to resolving this, but scared stiff of the procedure, even though I worry that his opinion alone won't reassure me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I'm happy that I've been referred and a step closer to resolving this, but scared stiff of the procedure, even though I worry that his opinion alone won't reassure me.
    Based on what I've seen here from you and others over the years, I'm afraid that will be the case. You're really deep in the rabbit hole with this. The fact you didn't discuss your anxiety with your doctor speaks volumes. There's really nothing else to be said other than to seek real life professional mental health help. The physical stuff, which I don't doubt you're experiencing, will eventually resolve but if you don't fix the way you think, you're going to just rinse and repeat.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Based on what I've seen here from you and others over the years, I'm afraid that will be the case. You're really deep in the rabbit hole with this. The fact you didn't discuss your anxiety with your doctor speaks volumes. There's really nothing else to be said other than to seek real life professional mental health help. The physical stuff, which I don't doubt you're experiencing, will eventually resolve but if you don't fix the way you think, you're going to just rinse and repeat.

Positive thoughts
    Yes you are probably right. I can't get crohns/ulcerative colitis out of my head at the moment, pretty convinced it's one of them, probably a mild form at the moment which will eventually get worse. I've poisoned my head with so many stories of delayed or mis diagnosis.

Yes you have.

I understand, it is easy to forget all of the things you want to ask a doc, it happens to me too and probably most of us. Just remember, you KNOW you have anxiety, any physical disease that you are "chasing" is at most only a "maybe". Be sure to treat what you know you have.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread Information