Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Hi all, unfortunately, I'm starting to focus on this again now. Very disappointed, in the symptoms, and the thoughts.

It's been a bit of a stressful week, so I don't know if that's to blame for these symptoms or they're naturally occurring. I've had other stressful moments over the summer but my bowels remained fine. We went camping from Monday - Wednesday, and my bowels were very slow, and not being a fan of public toilets, I was a bit constipated. Wednesday, I had a mega fright because I rang my surgery for my heart scan results, and the lady said that a GP needs to speak to me. So I was in a state of panic for 3 hours until they rang back. Wednesday night my daughter scalded herself on some hot food (very minor burns, all cleared now). And then yesterday, my dog accidentally nipped her during play, and drew some blood so I began panicking again about infections/sepsis etc. And from wednesday/thursday onwards I've had terrible bloating, wind, and a feeling of fullness in my lower abdomen - mixture of loose and normal stools. Also been stressed about money this week as we're purchasing a new car.

I know I had a flexible sig back in March, but what if I had UC or Crohns that was in remission during that period and nothing could be seen.....and now it's flaring up again? Or does it not work like that?

I just can't believe I've had months now of nearly no bowel symptoms, been able to eat whatever I want with no ill effects, and these past few days I've just felt awful and just don't feel like eating. Obviously I'm thinking about it, which I know worsens symptoms.

Argh.

Argh indeed mr L. Is your heart ok then?

It's fine, jojo. Hence the replacement worries...

Hi Jojo, yes my heart was fine thank you.

Any thoughts on if they missed potential UC or Crohns in remission or am I being a bit ridiculous? I've just been reading about it, and it is possible :-( Especially Crohns, as it can take years to diagnose.

I was thinking/hoping maybe anxiety can cause stomach pains, bloating and weird sensations, without it being IBS related. I don't have diarrhea today, but feel just bloaty and 'full', not hungry even.

Oh, I'm so annoyed these symptoms have come back, I thought I was over the bowel issues.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 03-09-19 at 13:20.

It's entirely predictable, Mr L. You enjoy reading up about symptoms and are still catastrophising.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    It's entirely predictable, Mr L. You enjoy reading up about symptoms and are still catastrophising.
    I wouldn't say I enjoy it, but then I have admitted to a morbid curiosity on things like health issues. I often read daily mail health articles, and keep a daily check on people's' stories on here, which probably doesn;t help.

I know that anxiety can cause symptoms, but in this case, the symptoms came first, so it worries me.

You really need to knock this on the head, Mr. L - everything you read will serve to reinforce your fears.

Why anybody's afraid over a slightly dodgy tummy is a mystery unto itself, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You really need to knock this on the head, Mr. L - everything you read will serve to reinforce your fears.

Why anybody's afraid over a slightly dodgy tummy is a mystery unto itself, of course.
    It's not really a dodgy tummy, but bloating, fullness and uncomfortableness that's lasted 4-5 days now.

I thought I had knocked it on the head after my sigmoidoscopy.

Sounds like typical IBS to me.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

“I was thinking/hoping maybe anxiety can cause stomach pains, bloating and weird sensations, without it being IBS related. I don't have diarrhea today, but feel just bloaty and 'full', not hungry even.”

this is me every day mr L

Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast

Thread Information