Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: Bowel cancer worries

Re: Bowel cancer worries

Does anyone have any remedies for the bloating and wind with IBS? Last night and this morning I feel terrible, like theres a knot or a ball in my lower abdomen, lots of wind cramps. My bowels have sped up the past week again, going twice instead of the usual once - rapid transit is usually associated with IBD, so worried my sigmoidoscopy missed signs of Crohns - although that can occur higher up in the colon.

Over the years I've tried peppermint capsules/tea, prescription meds (mebeverine/colofac), milk of magnesia, gaviscon, aloe vera. Can someone recommend anything that works?

Also does the NHS offer the pill camera method for bowels? I think I need my bowels checked for Crohns, but I cant go through with a colonoscopy and that cant check your small intestine either.

No they don't

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

The pill with a camera is mainly used for the small bowel, but I don't think it's offered with the NHS.

I have Ulcerative Colitis and keeping a food / symptoms diary is very useful. The longer you keep it, the more useful it becomes for spotting food culprits that cause symptoms. I also found it helped me learn that food actually takes longer to pass through than I'd thought. It takes up to 3 days for meat to pass through for me, whereas veg and fruit takes up to 2 days. I used to think everything went through in 24 hours. An elimination diet might help to remove the foods that are causing symptoms of bloating etc. It can be hard work and bland, but ultimately useful if you manage to discover something that's causing problems.

Anxiety will have an effect on the bowel, as you will know, speeding things up; causing gas and bowel movements.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread Information