Thread: Does this sound like perimenopause

Does this sound like perimenopause

Hi all, so I posted last week about my period being 10 days early, the period has stopped but I’m now getting spotting in the morning, the spotting happened to me earlier this year and I had a hysteroscopy and all was ok except I have a submucosal fibroid, anyway the spotting did settle down and hasn’t happened until this month, I have had severe anxiety for 3 months, better now, so I’m not sure if it’s stress or maybe perimenopause I’m 45, my mum went through her menopause by 50 and had bleeding issues, unfortunately because of my ha, I’m now worrying it’s something sinister, I had extremely sore boobs while I was having my period, now that has gone, I’m just so confused, if any ladies have had this issue please could you reply, also my smear is up to date and the dr did check my cervix when all this started thanks herbie xx

Re: Does this sound like perimenopause

You can get a blood test for pre-menopause. I had one recently and was told I am.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, Herbie, you already know what my answer is going to be - yes I do think it is. I've said that before on a few threads on here and on another site, based on the various 'bleeding pattern' threads that you have been on. You are like I was about a year or two ago with your pattern, and as you know I am 50 now and it runs in my family to have final periods later than in your family. You may be interested to know that there is a national facebook group called 'early menopause and perimenopause support', it is worth joining. You can actually buy meno urine tests from various sites, without seeing the doctor also. Not sure how reliable they are, but people on the facebook site seem to have had accurate results from them - but you do have to be very accurate in when you do the urine test.

Thanks carys, I think it’s so unnerving when things change, even though you know they will, also my health anxiety has gone through the roof this year, and my sleep pattern is terrible now waking 4 to 5 tines a night, so I assume this is also part of it, do you take any herbal remedies, I know some women do, I don’t like the idea of taking any prescribed meds as I already take 60 mg of fluoxetine for my ocd/ha, I don’t like the idea of taking hormones, never have done. Herbie xxx

It is VERY unnerving, its horrible.....as you've spent your life with patterns and 'rules' to this hormone stuff. My first few peri years, maybe 5 were regular periods but a week early or late and heavier. The last 2 years have been extraordinarily erratic, no month is like any other month, you never know what you are facing, when, how, what will lead to it or happen after it. I seem to now (the last 6 months) to be in a pattern of long periods up to 14/17 days, with spotting either side. sometimes stop start, sometimes all at once, sometimes a short break or a week, sometimes a long break of a few weeks. I know that sounds ridiculously confusing, but that is how it is LOL I have had terrible insomnia, sweating, panic attacks when my oestrogen is low, muscle twitches and generally odd everything. All my usual 'period' cues are gone and it is incredibly unsettling. I will say this though Herbie, it will more than likely get more erratic and unnerving before 'the end'. I have read a few books in the last few weeks that have helped me understand other womens' experiences, they have helped as I honestly really didn't understand how odd this time in life could be (I would highly recommend doing an Amazon search for some things to read).

I can't take any hormone preparations at all, and haven't tried other herbal remedies. There ARE many talked about though on facebook and menopause matters, those you can get in plaes like Holland and Barret and also in Boots. Some of the books talk you through those natural remedies too. In desperation a few weeks ago I ordered some natural progesterone cream (no prescription needed) but I've not been brave enough to try or use it, as I have read such mixed reviews and am not really meant to take any such medicated things.

Thanks carys, I’m going to have a look at some of those books you mentioned, so I can prepare myself for what’s to come xxx

Well it could be. There’s a blood test your doctor can order to test x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information