Hey Lovely People,

I am one of those HA old timers, I guess. A dubious privilege I'd rather not have, but here I am lol I was active on AZ for about a year just before it shut down. My nickname was fleurdelis82, I think. I remember Leroy scandal, and that other guy's scandal who always worried to have ALS and pretended to be a veteran to elicit sympathy. Yikes. Anyone remembers those old days?

Anyway, I was doing sorta OK for awhile, until a trigger happened. Unrelated to health, I was threatened with a lawsuit, which was a bluff but it did shook me deep to the core. Now the last 2 months or so I am deep in the hole again. Back to my darkest HA days 3 years ago. It got so bad, I just don't see how to handle it anymore. So, today I got back on zoloft. But zoloft doesn't work immediately and I do need some help ASAP, so here goes.

3 days ago I got bit by a domestic bunny at my kids daycare. Apparently that bunny bit people before but I wasn't aware until after the fact. It is a lite scratch but the skin was broken. The owner told me that bunny is isolated and can't have rabies, but I am besides myself with worry. I am aware that there are no documented cases of transmission from rabbits to humans in the US. With that being said here are my *anxiety driven* arguments:

1. They sometimes let parents take that bunny for the weekends. What IF the parents let it out and it got in contact with a rabid raccoon's saliva, or bit by a bat? We have those in FL. Owners may not even know.
2. I am terrified that if that bunny gets sick, they will just toss it out and replace with a healthy one to avoid problems. And I will never find out and die of rabies.

Please let me know what you think. Do I need to see a doc? Thanks a lot!

---------- Post added at 07:59 ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 ----------

P.S. I am also aware that rabbits, especially domestic ones, are not considered at risk for rabies. If I go to a doc, what will they do? Highly doubt they will initiate the shots. And I don't want to bring problems to daycare or even worse, had that bunny put down. I just want to make sure I don't get rabies...