Hi fellow OCD sufferers!

So, my OCD has set in recently pretty badly as inferential confusion... basically, I don't trust my senses/memories. It's been pretty badly lately. I recently had surgery. It was a revision of another surgery that didn't quite heal right. I think, because of that original surgery, my anxiety spiked and my OCD snowballed. It's been all over the place. Before surgery, I went down a rabies/health anxiety wormhole. I started having intrusive thoughts/false memories about bats. Then, right before my surgery, I started getting self-sabotaging intrusive thoughts... For example, I would think, "oh no, I took the wrong kind of medicine right before surgery, now it will have to be postponed." I also started having intrusive thoughts about saying something awful as I was going under anesthesia. The surgery went fine, but the recovery was really hard. My anxiety spiked because of this because I just couldn't go through it again, so my brain has been on high alert thinking any and every little thing might go wrong, and I won't heal correctly and I'll have to have surgery again. The inferential confusion has gotten really, really bad lately. I question EVERYTHING I do. I had jaw surgery. So, I keep having these vivid images of me running into my shower door or kitchen cabinet or opening up my bedroom door and knocking myself in the chin or reaching for something and seeing it fall and hit me in the face... On Friday, I went to my orthodontist because a bracket had come loose. The office was closed, but he waited at the office so I could come in. I knocked on the door and started trying to look inside (the windows are tinted black) to see if anybody was coming. My orthodontist opened the door while I was standing quite close, and now, I've been having this vivid image of that door hitting me in the face, and like me not saying anything or having a reaction because at the time I was so worried about the loose bracket, and wanted to be nice and was so thankful he had waited for me to fix it. I've now been worrying about this for the past couple of days. I am driving myself crazy. It's seems so silly to not be able to say definitively if I got hit in the face with a door. Like wouldn't the orthodontist have noticed if this had happened and apologized or done something? Maybe he did, and I wasn't paying attention? And before anybody says, well, your face would be hurting, my OCD brain has already got that covered because a )my face is quite numb and b) I have twinges of pain because I just had jaw surgery, so I can't tell if it's new pain from a hit or just pain from healing from the surgery.

I've read about inferential confusion, but I've never read anything that seems like mine. I question everything. I'm constantly making sure I'm like a foot away from doors/cabinets/etc... and even then, I'm not convinced. The most maddening thought is the one about the orthodontist the other day. I can't decide what is real and what isn't. This is awful. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.