Thread: harm ocd/ pure o

harm ocd/ pure o

hi

struggling with harm ocd at the moment very badly, my harm ocd is about suicide and everything to do with it. every time i have a intrusive thought about it i get massive anxiety attacks etc and not to sure what to do ? do many over people have pure o and how do you guys deal with it?

currently taking 40mg of prozac recently upped as of two days ago

Re: harm ocd/ pure o

Hey, I have Pure O. Mine is POCD theme, and its the most painful and upsetting theme I have ever gone through. I think the truth of the matter is you cannot let the thoughts win, a thought is just a thought. A thought is not real, or true or anything other than just a thought.

Mediatation is helping me greatly, I listen to mooji's guided meditations on youtube and he really teaches you how to stop attaching and identifying with thoughts. That the thoughts are behind you, not infront of you or on top of you, they cannot weigh you down.

I know how painful intrusive thoughts can be, since I have began suffering with them.myself, but i know there is hope and they are not forever. Stay stong. Do not engage with the thought, accept it with an intake of breath, release your breath and let it go. Even if you have to do that 60x a day.

A thought is nothing more than that, I believe meditating amd breathing helps calm the mind, and its our minds erratic nature that gets us to hold on to such upsetting and disturbing thoughts.

Wish you the best, know you will overcome this, as will i.

Thread Information