This sub-forum seems to be pretty deserted these days, but I've got a lot of nervous energy and finding it impossible to focus on work so ... here I am.

Brain MRI today. Doc sent me as a "probably nothing, symptoms likely anxiety, but sometimes it's good for reassurance". I thought he was sending me to reassure me that I didn't have MS (which is my #1 fear), and then he mentioned brain tumour ... unprompted. So, sheesh!

Symptoms:
  • Tingling in left hand (~going on 5 months) - on and off, but more there than not
  • Weakness/burning in left arm
  • Sometimes similar tingling feeling in left leg/foot - def less noticeable than the hand, but there.
  • Discomfort in left eye (~4 months) - feels different at different times, frequently "testing" my vision (which seems totally fine, left eye seems to be clearer than right, actually), feels dry/stinging, sort of pressure-y

My main concerns are that this is all one-sided, on my left side. And the eye thing is really annoying and impossible to just ignore.

I've actually been relatively HA-panic free the past 3-4 days ... and so rational me is like, "Good to get this checked out; probably nothing", but HA me is in here too, screaming, "OMG, what if they FIND something!"

I feel pretty flippant and nervous/silly about it at the moment. Waiting period before I get results should be fun. :/

(To add to the craziness of doing this right before Xmas, my 88 yr old father has something concerning docs in his lung, so: a PET scan this Fri (CT w/ sugar), a brain MRI next Fri (between the holidays - awesome), and a through-the-back biopsy the week of New Year's.)

Hope everyone's doing well.