Thread: Anyone find this medicine helpful with sleep?

Anyone find this medicine helpful with sleep?

I take Effexor and cannot sleep. I am 225MG. Right now my anxiety is higher due to the increase and lack of sleep. The doctor said i could take 12.5 MG of seroquel. It does knock me out and make me feel better, however i do sometimes wake up to use the washroom. Has anyone had good experience with this med for anxiety/ and or sleep. I don't want to gain anymore weight that i already have from meds. I'm constantly craving sweets and i need to cut back on that.

Re: Anyone find this medicine helpful with sleep?

[QUOTE=Ethansmom;1844646]I take Effexor and cannot sleep. I am 225MG. Right now my anxiety is higher due to the increase and lack of sleep. The doctor said i could take 12.5 MG of seroquel. It does knock me out and make me feel better, however i do sometimes wake up to use the washroom. Has anyone had good experience with this med for anxiety/ and or sleep. I don't want to gain anymore weight that i already have from meds. I'm constantly craving sweets and i need to cut back on that. I was placed on Seroquel during a stay at psych hospital. It did help with sleep and anxiety. But I felt strange the during the day. Strange, vision off. When I ate, everything tasted like it was seasoned with curry. Twitched. Stopped after a month. Havent taken any meds in month.Unfortunately, ocd, anxiety, depression, insomnia are raging. Currently doing cbt twice a month but looks like I'll be asking for meds this time. Hope all is well.

Re: Anyone find this medicine helpful with sleep?

[QUOTE=Kim1015;1925676]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethansmom View Post
    Unfortunately, ocd, anxiety, depression, insomnia are raging. Currently doing cbt twice a month but looks like I'll be asking for meds this time.
    to NMP, Kim,

Is OCD your main issue?

Ian

Thread Information