Thread: Is this seborrheic keratosis or something ominous?

Is this seborrheic keratosis or something ominous?

Hello everyone. I'm 28 years old. Right know I'm struggling with health anxiety and fear that I might have melanoma. I have some strange looking mole or at least it appears to be a mole) on the back of my head (upper neck region). My mother says that I've had it for at least 10 years and she is pretty certain that it haven't changed. It's slightly raised above the skin level and it has warty like appearance. I've spent hours and hours searching on the web for what it might be and came to conclusion that it closely resembles some seborrheic keratosis photos, but I still need reassurance from you guys. I'll upload some photos for you too check it and give your opinion. I would appreciate this very much.

I also tried SkinVision app and sometimes it gives high risk and sometimes low risk feedback. It's in hairy region and the pictures are always kinda blurry so I guess it's hard for the application to process it correctly. Other reason might be that it's not a mole at all so it confuses application.

Here are the photos:

What do you think? Thank you.
    Last edited by Elen; 21-12-18 at 08:12.

Re: Is this seborrheic keratosis or something ominous?

The photos didn’t come through for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know where's the problem. I uploaded them but they just don't show up. Do you have any idea?

---------- Post added at 00:14 ---------- Previous post was at 00:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by roseanxiety View Post
    The photos didn’t come through for me.

They came through. I am not sure. It doesn’t seem to be in a spot that would get a lot of sun. I would just have a dermatologist look at it. I am not a doctor. It does resemble a keratosis but be on the safe side and get it checked .

According to a very reliable website (Stephen Hayes dermoscopy, he's a GP with special interest in Dermatology),Seb K have a stuck on appearance, which yours appears to have.

Avoid skin vision. AVOID IT. A derma from Skin Vision emailed me regarding my mole telling me to see a doctor asap. All real life doctors were not concerned and the biopsy came back BENIGN. But my poibt is that app caused GREAT anxiety for no reason.

Go to your doctor who can confirm if this is a Seb k.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Google?

The only way to know is to have a doctor check it. It doesn't look alarming to me, but I like everyone else here is not trained.

Dalmatino, it is a certain kind of mole, they are raised and soft and can be slightly irregular shaped and bigger size. I also see a typical cobblestone pigment on the Pic. Maybe it is called a dermal mole? I used to know all about it when I had melanoma anxiety but now I forgot. But bottom line, I wouldn't worry about it. I think it is benign. Nothing wrong with having a derm check though if you haven't had one lately. But not because of this mole, just in general.

Hi,

We have removed a picture or link from your post.

This is nothing personal it is simply that the image is too large.

Regards

Elen

I was terrified about a mole that I had years ago. It was itchy bled and changed size all things that shouldn’t happen to a mole. I had it checked by two different drs and they wasn’t concerned with it at all. None of us are drs on here, I do have a medical background but I would never diagnose over the internet. As scary as it might feel going to the drs please go, most of the time moles are just moles and are nothing to worry about. Comparing pictures on line is only going to terrify you more hun. Please go and get checked not because I’m saying anything is wrong but for your own peace of mind x

Thread Information