Thread: Dry, sore, itchy vagina

Dry, sore, itchy vagina

I have been dealing with a dry, sore and itchy vagina since Saturday of last week. I went to my GP(general practitioner) on Tuesday to discuss the issue. He asked if I had any sort of discharge or odd odor, which I said no to and then he did a small exam to look. He told me that everything looked normal, but was prescribing me a one day dosage of a yeast infection pill in case it was a yeast infection.

Well, I took the yeast infection pill(fluconozole) and my symptoms are still there . Especially this dryness and itchiness. I'm becoming concerned. I have never dealt with this much dryness before and itchiness. I am still dry too if I am aroused and try to masturbate. I can barely get any sort of self lubrication.

I am puzzled and don't understand. I'm 23. I've never been sexually active, including oral sex. So, I'm sure it's not an STI. I am also not on any sort of birth control. Could it possibly be a menstrual cycle issue? Pads I'm wearing? I can't really figure it out and I'm feeling discouraged and worried. Quite depressed over the issue too. My period ended on the 14th of this month. I ovulate in 3 days.

My gynecologist is also very tough to get an appointment with. I'm lucky if I even get to see her after a 2 month waiting period. What to do?

Re: Dry, sore, itchy vagina

I've been having this exact issue after my period the last couple of months. It'll last a week or longer then things go back to normal. I get SO dry and it itches a lot to the point that it starts to burn I itch so much. I totally get it. I'm just assuming its a lack of hormones until things return to normal after my period maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    I've been having this exact issue after my period the last couple of months. It'll last a week or longer then things go back to normal. I get SO dry and it itches a lot to the point that it starts to burn I itch so much. I totally get it. I'm just assuming its a lack of hormones until things return to normal after my period maybe?
    Interesting! Yeah, I've had this issue before and I wonder if it's the fluctuation in hormones before ovulation and such. I know what you mean too about the burning. If I itch the area, it will start to burn. I'm going to wait it out until ovulation. If it doesn't get better by then, I'm going to call my gynecologist. I'm just worried it's something serious though with my health anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by rachlexis13 View Post
    I have been dealing with a dry, sore and itchy vagina since Saturday of last week. I went to my GP(general practitioner) on Tuesday to discuss the issue. He asked if I had any sort of discharge or odd odor, which I said no to and then he did a small exam to look. He told me that everything looked normal, but was prescribing me a one day dosage of a yeast infection pill in case it was a yeast infection.

Well, I took the yeast infection pill(fluconozole) and my symptoms are still there . Especially this dryness and itchiness. I'm becoming concerned. I have never dealt with this much dryness before and itchiness. I am still dry too if I am aroused and try to masturbate. I can barely get any sort of self lubrication.

I am puzzled and don't understand. I'm 23. I've never been sexually active, including oral sex. So, I'm sure it's not an STI. I am also not on any sort of birth control. Could it possibly be a menstrual cycle issue? Pads I'm wearing? I can't really figure it out and I'm feeling discouraged and worried. Quite depressed over the issue too. My period ended on the 14th of this month. I ovulate in 3 days.

My gynecologist is also very tough to get an appointment with. I'm lucky if I even get to see her after a 2 month waiting period. What to do?
    Self-lubrication is created by your Bartholin glands. I wouldn't worry about it. The itching can be treated with instillagel or lidocaine 2%

Thread Information