Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about pain in back passage area

Worried about pain in back passage area

Please help.

For the past two weeks I’ve had a lot of aches in my butt.
    The best way to describe it is that it feels tight around the entrance and that it feels as if I’ve got to go but don’t and it pulses and pushes whenever I cough.

This last week I’ve also started to get aches and discomfort in the tailbone, which is proving it tough to find a place to sit comfortably.

Had a digital rectal exam on Monday where the doctor found nothing, but it hasn’t improved since then.

Are these signs of something serious?

Re: Worried about pain in back passage area

What did the doctor suggest it could be?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

JamesRed

It's good nothing was felt on the rectal exam.

Haemorrhoids *can* cause pain, especially when sitting. Internal haemorrhoids are not palpable on rectal exams, so you could have them inside causing the pain.

Did your doctor not suggest any sort of treatment plan? Or indicate what it could be?

As nothing has been felt on examination, I definitely think you should call into your local pharmacy and have a consultation with the pharmacist. You can get treatment for it on the minor ailments scheme...

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Hey everyone, thanks for replying

Doctor didn't really say anything. When performing the exam he said there was some red soreness on the entrance and that it 'could' be that if it's got inside - so I'm on cannesten. But that was it. When I pushed him on the aches in the bottom of the spine/buttocks he said it could be me overcompensating for the discomfort in the bum, but just try the cream.

He did say I could try Anusol HC, but didn't give me a plan or anything like that. With it now being Christmas I'm not going to be able to get in and see anyone until next year now

James.
    I, unfortunately had exactly, to the T, the very symptoms you describe starting last January! You can check my previous posts to see what came of it which was nothing. It has since gone away, but it took quite awhile, like a few months. I had the tailbone pain as well. I had 3 rectal exams, an x ray, blood tests, fecal blood test. All were negative. I don't know what it was, but it was definitely exacerbated by my anxiety and hyperfocus. I have since had treatment for my anxiety, and continue to do so. I wish you the best of luck, and all I can say is don T get too worked up about it, I'm certain it will go away soon. I did find that a chiropractor did seem to help with the tailbone pain, as well as yoga.

Hi Amy, thank you for your kind words. I hope you're right. It keeps changing from tailbone to bones in the underside of the butt, making it hard to sit down.

I'll try and book in a session with a physio in the new year and see if it helps.

And I"m back. Tried to keep my mind active over Christmas and focus on family, which helped a little, but the discomfort feeling has continued.

I ran myself a bath tonight in an effort to try and relax (I thought I was coming down with something as my hips and knees were aching) and after a few minutes I found that I was getting discomfort/pressure in the cheeks. It’s hard to explain, but it feels like there’s two mini eggs in either cheek that are filled with air when in the tub. It's really freaking me out now as my mind is going to worst places. Is it colon cancer? Has it spread to my bones etc.

:(

doesn't sound like cancer at all.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    doesn't sound like cancer at all.
    Hey NMP, thank you for replying. I really wish I could keep calm. My friend suggested that it sounded like sciatica.

Had a google to see how to relieve the discomfort of sciatica and freaked out when I read at the bottom of the NHS website about when to consult the emergency services:

Inability to pass urine when you feel the need to go
    Inability to stop a bowel motion or leaking
    Numbness in or around your back passage, buttocks or between your inner thighs
    A change in ability to get an erection
    If you have pain in both legs and/or worsening weakness in the legs

I've had the aching in both legs, and round the back passage, buttocks and inner thighs and did have a bathroom accident a few weeks back. Wondering if I should go to the ER now

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRed View Post
    Doctor didn't really say anything. When performing the exam he said there was some red soreness on the entrance and that it 'could' be that if it's got inside - so I'm on cannesten. But that was it. When I pushed him on the aches in the bottom of the spine/buttocks he said it could be me overcompensating for the discomfort in the bum, but just try the cream.

He did say I could try Anusol HC, but didn't give me a plan or anything like that. With it now being Christmas I'm not going to be able to get in and see anyone until next year now
    Actually, it sounds like he said a lot and gave you a reasonable explanation and remedy.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information