Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worried about pain in back passage area

Re: Worried about pain in back passage area

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRed View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for replying

Doctor didn't really say anything. When performing the exam he said there was some red soreness on the entrance and that it 'could' be that if it's got inside - so I'm on cannesten. But that was it. When I pushed him on the aches in the bottom of the spine/buttocks he said it could be me overcompensating for the discomfort in the bum, but just try the cream.

He did say I could try Anusol HC, but didn't give me a plan or anything like that. With it now being Christmas I'm not going to be able to get in and see anyone until next year now
    The redness just inside is anusitis, which is often mistaken for piles, so your Dr was very observant. It is very common but often mistaken for piles. Some people get a bit of bleeding with this. I get flares of anusitis every few years and it can hang around for a month or two. It can be very painful when it's bad, it can feel like you have a rock up there with aching and sometimes there's a 'crawling' feeling up there. Sometimes ointments eg proctosedyl or ultraproct can make it feel better, sometimes not. Suppositories don't really work for this condition.

There is a product you can buy called Anurex which works by reducing inflammation by using cryothermy https://bodyandhealth.canada.com/new...1?newssource=0 This sounds like a really great treatment and I've ordered one of these as they're not available in NZ.

I wonder why your Dr has prescribed Canestin as it's an antifungal used for thrush?

It can be diet related too. Coffee, beer and acidic fruit make it worse.
    Slippery Elm powder dissolved in hot water helps, you can drink a glass of this before meals, also drink plenty of water.
    Stress can also make it worse!

Hope you find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Actually, it sounds like he said a lot and gave you a reasonable explanation and remedy.

Positive thoughts
    It certainly sounded like a reasonable explanation at the time. But with the redness now being gone and the aches still being present, it makes you worried, you know?

Eurgh I hate this. Although the pain isn't constant, it comes and goes, I've now started getting aches down the backs of the thighs.

:(

And the anxiety is at an all time high.

As mentioned in another thread, with someone having the same sort of issues, I went to the doctors yesterday complaining about the same symptoms. Wouldn't perform another DRE, and said that the rash is still present and put me on steroid cream for two weeks. When I asked how this rash could cause my symptoms, they were not very forthcoming - explaining there are endless nerves in the back passage area.

Thinking it could then be a muscle or bone issue, I booked in to see my physiotherapist. They did some examinations, trying to find focus points etc. but couldn't find anything that's triggering the aches in my bones. This has now sent my anxiety through the roof, as if they haven't found anything, then it's not just a strain issue etc. and that is must be to do with someone internal.

I've got my 4th CBT meeting this afternoon, I feel like a failure going back to him worse than when I started.

Progress in mental illnesses are not linear and not likely to be smooth sailing, you’re not a failure.

Have you been adjusting your posture/ the way you lie and sit with your discomfort that you’ve been experiencing? This can cause aches of all sorts, recently both my hips, felt like from the bone, and my buttocks and thighs were so tender! All because I changed my bed and sofa and was led and sat differently with out even noticing.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Progress in mental illnesses are not linear and not likely to be smooth sailing, you’re not a failure.
    Well I certainly feel like it. I've been given some more practices to try out this week. Hopefully they help a little as I'm feeling really low :(

Have you been adjusting your posture/ the way you lie and sit with your discomfort that you’ve been experiencing? This can cause aches of all sorts, recently both my hips, felt like from the bone, and my buttocks and thighs were so tender! All because I changed my bed and sofa and was led and sat differently with out even noticing.
    Yeah, I've tried sitting differently. I showed my PT the way I sit and he said the way I do wouldn't be causing pressure in the areas I am feeling the pain. So I don't know

Sorry to keep bothering you all. Freaking out right now and nobody to talk to :(

I went to a yoga class on Wednesday to try and stretch it all out, but the days following I was aching all across my lower body (kinda like DOMS, which is weird because I go to the gym frequently)

However, yesterday I went down to visit my family and for the whole day I was having pain in both my bum cheeks, inner and outer thighs and my hips – it doesn’t help that I spent most of the day sitting (in the car for 4 hours and then at a restaurant)

Today I went to the gym where I couldn’t do a full set (4/5 mostly) as I felt too tired. Walking back home my thighs were killing me and my lower back and buttocks were aching too – making me feel incredibly weak.

After about an hour I went into town for some lunch, where I started to notice the little fingers and ring fingers on my hands were tingling a little bit. My body now aches all over and feels like I’ve been hit by a truck – it’s horrible.

I’m now worried that because it’s gone from a mild ache to this, that I’ve got something serious wrong with me. MS, ALS, or some sort of cancer?

No, it's not cancer, you haven't had any bleeding and even this doesn't mean cancer!
    Not ALS as this doesn't begin with pain or twitching, MS extremely unlikely.

Could be a fatigue syndrome though but more likely it started with the initial symptom and then your HA stress had caused heaps of muscle tension.

I’ve been having the similar issue my legs have been really achy lately I haven’t worked out or strained them and this pain doesn’t feel muscular my knees under my and above my knees and thighs and sometimes buttocks feel sore I don’t know where all my symptoms are coming from had clear blood CT and US sound within the last month pain comes and goes and could be left leg or right it’s scary and wierd I’m I’m jus so tired

I have had the pins and needles thing before, it could be a virus or stress/anxiety. I had pins and needles in my legs and arms before and it lasted about a month...constant tingling. I was worried it was MS and after going to A&E they diagnosed a stress response probably linked to a virus.

The muscles do tend to hurt if you don’t regularly do yoga, especially if they have been tight. I have noticed that I sat on the floor the other day and the next day my whole buttocks, thighs and hips ached rotten! Try to notice if you are clenching without realising. I noticed that I tend to clench my buttocks more often than I realised!! Even clenching when I brush my teeth. I am trying to stop myself and take deep breaths and relax the muscle. It is hard but things are getting better.

I think that the time of year may have something to do with it also. I feel so down at the moment, like I am surrounded by a grey cloud. I can’t focus and all I seem to do is worry. I feel like I am ill and am constantly focused on what is going on with me. I work and have a family and try to distract myself from focusing on me all the time, but I am struggling.

Keep trying the CBT homework, have a look at progressive muscle relaxation online and try not to stress, which is easier said than done and I am not doing well with that either!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information