Thread: Convinced it's ovarian cancer

Convinced it's ovarian cancer

After months of spotting just before and after my period, and now constant pelvic pressure and back pain, I just know I have ovarian cancer. Dr has examined so won't issue any tests, which means this is going to kill me. I've had horrendous gas like cramps in my pelvis since Monday and have just read this is another symptom. What do I do? I'm tempted to go to a&he and demand a scan.i have every single symptom.

Re: Convinced it's ovarian cancer

I don't think A and E will do the scan you want/need. If its not an immediate emergency then they will refer back to GP to get referral for a transvaginal. You know that I replied on your other thread about the hormone theory which the GP also felt as the case, I wanted to add something though; I actually got called in to see my GP yesterday (I don't willingly go LOL) for a review. I talked at length about my bleeding pattern which matches yours, and she asked the questions 'is the spotting connected with/joined either side to a period episode' YES 'Is there spotting between periods' NO, 'is there spotting after intercourse' NO. Therefore she also said hormonal imablance, perimeno in my case.

She did not do any examination, as I'd not gone for that, she did say I could have a scan if I wanted 'as any change in bleeding pattern should be investigated' but agreed it was hormonal stuff as going on for years (I refused one at this point).

Now, I agree there is a difference to your situation - you also describe a pain, pelvic pressure feeling which I don't have at all (you do know that can also be from fibroids and for other benign reasons like endometriosis) which I DO think merits a scan. I would request one from your GP, and it sounds like you should be pushy about it.

I'm sure it's not cancer, Charlie! The bleeding pattern you describe sounds like a hormonal problem or potentially endometriosis worst case.

Random bleeds are very common and rarely malignant, although they should be checked.

The bloating is probably just that... bloating. If it doesn't resolve over the next few days then return to your doctor.

How old are you?

Here's the previous thread, with more details about the situation.....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=226518

Thank you - just so hard to be rational at the moment. I went out last night and drank too much and had very little sleep so it's wreaking havoc on my mental state today.

I'm 35

X

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie1108 View Post
    Thank you - just so hard to be rational at the moment. I went out last night and drank too much and had very little sleep so it's wreaking havoc on my mental state today.

I'm 35

X
    Oh, ovarian cancer at 35 would be extremely unlikely! Particularly since you don't really have any symptoms suggesting ovarian cancer. Don't worry! I'm sure your bloating will be better in no time and if not then by all means you should return to your doctor.

Do you have persistent weeing and bloating that never goes down?

Thread Information