Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Abdominal pain for Christmas

  1. #1

    Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Hi folks,

    I have travelled (thousands of miles) to see family and doing my very best to put on a tough face. Christmas is a important time of year for my family who are going through a tough time in various ways.

    4 days ago I started getting a pinching pain to the top left of my belly button (an inch to the left). The pain is intermittent, I can go a few hours just fine - and when it does hurt itís just pinches for a few seconds on and off for a little while. I donít feel bloated but I am belching more than normal. BMs seems normal (for me!).

    I would normally be close to going to the doctor, but being away from home and in the holiday season itís not really an option. Iím nowhere near a&e levels of pain.

    Does this sound like IBS? Ulcer? It seems fairly localised to this one area although I am getting some other pains randomly (probably just over sensitive). Just looking to hear other experiences. I was hoping this would pass in a day or so, but 4 days in now and no sign of letting up.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    131

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Hi hun,

    Iím not a dr but Iíd have thought if it was anything serious it wouldnít be going on 4 days later. You could have possibly pulled a muscle from being tense. It could also be your bowels or even trapped wind. There are a million none life threatening things it could be. If you are dealing with the pain without having to have any pain killers then Iím pretty sure you will be okay. Try and relax and have a nice Christmas x

  3. #3

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Thanks for the reply. Agree, and definitely donít feel like it needs to be dealt with right away. Just conscious the time itís dragging on for and the fact it seems like it wonít go away on its own.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    I'm have a very similar issue. Exact same type of pinching pain, but mine is slightly above and to the right, sometime directly above the belly button. I'm not at all sure what it is, but muscle tension makes sense since I've been a nervous wreck for the last three months and had various other abdominal pains that come and go.

  5. #5

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    I'm have a very similar issue. Exact same type of pinching pain, but mine is slightly above and to the right, sometime directly above the belly button. I'm not at all sure what it is, but muscle tension makes sense since I've been a nervous wreck for the last three months and had various other abdominal pains that come and go.
    Mine also came on after a period of very intense stress. Can you link yours to any kind of food or drink? Mine is starting every morning about 10 minutes after I wake up up. Just enough time for me to get some hope that itís gone! Also got lots of increased sounds coming from the area.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by trickha View Post
    Mine also came on after a period of very intense stress. Can you link yours to any kind of food or drink? Mine is starting every morning about 10 minutes after I wake up up. Just enough time for me to get some hope that itís gone! Also got lots of increased sounds coming from the area.
    I don't think mine is linked to diet. I find some of my other abdominal pains are linked to gas/bowel movements but the pinching pain around my bellybutton almost seems to come and go at random.

    Mine also comes on fairly soon after waking up, but I definitely seem to notice it after I start thinking about it. Like during the day i will forget about it for a few hours, start thinking about it again for some reason, and a little while later it's back. My guess is that its stress related

  7. #7

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    I really canít tell. Sometimes I swear itís linked to digestion and others I canít tell at all. Tried some pain killers today just to get rid of it nagging me. Is ruining some quality family time weíve all waited so long for.

    Maybe Iíll try some buscopan tomorrow? Been going for a week now, about where my patience with these things starts to run real thin. :(

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by trickha View Post
    I really canít tell. Sometimes I swear itís linked to digestion and others I canít tell at all. Tried some pain killers today just to get rid of it nagging me. Is ruining some quality family time weíve all waited so long for.

    Maybe Iíll try some buscopan tomorrow? Been going for a week now, about where my patience with these things starts to run real thin. :(
    Did the painkillers work for you? I haven't bothered trying because mine isn't painful enough and only lasts for a minute at most before going away for a few hours.

  9. #9

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypomania View Post
    Did the painkillers work for you? I haven't bothered trying because mine isn't painful enough and only lasts for a minute at most before going away for a few hours.
    No they didnít work at all. Mine last longer than a minute. Itís like a second at a time but can happen every minute for a little while. Then stop for hours.

    Iím leaning towards ibs but I heard the flare ups only last a few days and Iím at a week. I think Iíll need to go through some investigation. I guess the good news is that this is the only symptom so far.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    125

    Re: Abdominal pain for Christmas

    Quote Originally Posted by trickha View Post
    No they didnít work at all. Mine last longer than a minute. Itís like a second at a time but can happen every minute for a little while. Then stop for hours.

    Iím leaning towards ibs but I heard the flare ups only last a few days and Iím at a week. I think Iíll need to go through some investigation. I guess the good news is that this is the only symptom so far.
    My understanding of IBS is that it can take a bunch of different forms and the flare ups can vary from person to person.

    When I went in to my doc to talk about my abdominal pains she was pretty confident that it was bowel activity or plain old stress. The nature of it didnt seem to suggest anything sinister to her.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. abdominal bloating and lower abdominal/pelvic pain
    By Daniele_T in forum Female health issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-07-15, 23:50
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-15, 22:31
  3. Low left abdominal pain/back pain/spasms a total mystery!
    By watermelon in forum Health Anxiety
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-02-15, 04:37
  4. Abdominal pain
    By mconlon in forum Symptoms
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 23-04-07, 11:53

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •