Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pretty certain it’s colon cancer

Re: Pretty certain it’s colon cancer

Christmas at DisneyWorld! Wow! I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified!!!

I’ve just honestly never had the lower side / abdomen pain last this long. It’s been a week now of it happening at some point during every day.

I do not have any other explanation for that other than colon cancer.

You never do though. It's cancer or nothing.

Anyway, another day, another terminal cancer...

Have a good time at Disney World and no doubt you will tell us all about it when you get back..(the holiday, not the symptoms, that is!)

Have you been to Disney World before?

I’ve just honestly never had the lower side / abdomen pain last this long. It’s been a week now of it happening at some point during every day.

I do not have any other explanation for that other than colon cancer.

There we go Darkside, the usual pattern...totally ignoring previous posts made to you, not engaging with themes that are being raised about your HA. You are NOT learning from your own personal history. Look back at the thread from the last couple of years, and think back to AZ days when you did years of posts there too - have ANY of these symptoms been real illness. A week of stomach pain cancer? COMEeee onnnnnnnn, I'm not even going to explain to you why this just can't and won't be the case as that will be ignored again.

This is why people eventually get frustrated, and terse replies appear on threads. (I think it was Jojo who commented/asked about this on another thread?!) After years of selfless replying to some serial posters, trying to distract them and lead them into healthier thought processes, and being systematically ignored and have nothing given back, it is human nature to 'lose it'. Seeing your words make no difference, having your throughtfulness essentially thrown back at you - it is human nature to eventually respond. You'd have to be a complete saint to not eventually snap. I've felt it myself, actually done it myself, got very angry with the 'takers' who give nothing back. Anyway, back to Darkside.....

I will ask that you do people the courtesy of treating them with respect, reread their posts and actually, you know what, even reply to those who have been kind enought o give their time. This is Christmas Eve....people have given to you for years, with nothing back to them AT ALL. Now there are new people trying the same old techniques and gentle measures that earlier people tried, the circle continues. 2019 is a new year, could be a new start, you've been given so much advice over the years.....now.....YOU tell yourself why this CAN NOT BE COLON CANCER.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    Last week I had this period of pretty intense lower left abdomen pain. I actually had to lay down for a minute and it was kind of throbbing pain. Lasted probably 5 minutes.

Since then I’ve had milder left / lower left abdomen pain most every day.

I’m fairly certain I have invasive colon cancer. I had a colonoscopy about 4.5 years ago
    Colon cancer is slow growing, so even at 5 years there would only be a polyp (which is highly unlikely), not invasive cancer after having a clear colonoscopy 4.5 years ago!

Your symptoms are not those of colon/bowel cancer, which is bleeding, so you don't have that I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    There we go Darkside, the usual pattern...totally ignoring previous posts made to you, not engaging with themes that are being raised about your HA. You are NOT learning from your own personal history. Look back at the thread from the last couple of years, and think back to AZ days when you did years of posts there too - have ANY of these symptoms been real illness. A week of stomach pain cancer? COMEeee onnnnnnnn, I'm not even going to explain to you why this just can't and won't be the case as that will be ignored again.

This is why people eventually get frustrated, and terse replies appear on threads. (I think it was Jojo who commented/asked about this on another thread?!) After years of selfless replying to some serial posters, trying to distract them and lead them into healthier thought processes, and being systematically ignored and have nothing given back, it is human nature to 'lose it'. Seeing your words make no difference, having your throughtfulness essentially thrown back at you - it is human nature to eventually respond. You'd have to be a complete saint to not eventually snap. I've felt it myself, actually done it myself, got very angry with the 'takers' who give nothing back. Anyway, back to Darkside.....

I will ask that you do people the courtesy of treating them with respect, reread their posts and actually, you know what, even reply to those who have been kind enought o give their time. This is Christmas Eve....people have given to you for years, with nothing back to them AT ALL. Now there are new people trying the same old techniques and gentle measures that earlier people tried, the circle continues. 2019 is a new year, could be a new start, you've been given so much advice over the years.....now.....YOU tell yourself why this CAN NOT BE COLON CANCER.
    Very well put, Carys. Of course it won't happen but it needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    Christmas at DisneyWorld! Wow! I don’t know whether to be impressed or terrified!!!
    Darkside, this is a great thing to be doing for your family. I hope you can put your fears out of your mind for this time and enjoy watching your loved ones having a good time.

P.S. if one of the Mickeys says he can give you an amateur colonic, step away!

Well, I'm even more worried.

For the past week I have been taking Metamucil tablets 4 times a day (5 tablets, 4 times a day as indicated on the box). Still am not getting big, thick stools. They are hard to pass, kinda mushy and thin. I also don't feel like I'm producing as much poop as I should be, although I am going some every day. I am drinking tons of water, ate a whole can of beans yesterday plus multiple high-fiber bars. Still hard to pass, thin stools today.

I read on this very site that if Metamucil does not return the stools to their normal shape that indicates something more serious is going on. This coupled with the severe pain I had about 10 days ago in my lower abdomen leads me to believe I have colon cancer. I do not see any other alternative at this point.

Why is the fiber not giving me healthier looking stools. I have been taking it for over a week now.
    Last edited by darkside4k; 27-12-18 at 18:10.

How was Disney World?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information