Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
Hi Lissa, I'm not sure I count as carer , I don't really see myself as that because my partner who has long term physical health problems ( heart and respiratory) and mental health issues ( depression, several suicide attempts ) the reason i don't see myself as her carer is she is as stubborn as a mule and hates anyone looking after her even Doctors , she usually discharges herself from hospital against Doctors orders .
I feel for you with your mum as my mum has become very ill this year she was recently in hospital which takes over your life trying to be there everyday, she isn't going to get better this time , my brother lives with her she has serious health issues and the beginning of dementia ( no short term memory so the same questions again and again) , I help out as much as I can but I do feel huge guilt that he is with her so much .
I guess we just do what we can .
Take care .
Hey Buster, you sound like you also have a lot on your plate. Having had a ten year relationship with a bipolar sufferer I totally get the strain and hard work that can be involved. Sometimes it's hard to see the person you know that they are.

So sorry to hear of your mum's poor health. It's so sad to see a loved one deteriorate. As long as your mum and brother know you're there for them it will be a huge comfort x