Thread: spleen rupture worry! miled dul pain and soreness around ribs and left side!

spleen rupture worry! miled dul pain and soreness around ribs and left side!

hi, yesterday night I slammed the middle of my upper belly/lower ribs chest area and it hurt but there was no swelling or discoloration I tripped and lost my balance, hitting my spleen on the edge of a luckally not sharp chair but it still hurt like for 2minnuttes and it is mostly gone today but if I touch it it hurts like the surface and if I deep breethe to make sure it isn't damaged it will hurt sometimes intermittently

Re: spleen rupture worry! miled dul pain and soreness around ribs and left side!

How do you know you hit your spleen? Anyway... sounds like just a bruise as when you touch it, it's a little sore.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: spleen rupture worry! miled dul pain and soreness around ribs and left side!

To put it bluntly.... if you had properly ruptured your spleen (which is full of blood) yesterday evening then by now you would be very seriously ill if not dead.... which I take it you aren't as you are posting on here

You have a bruise which will clear up in a couple of days

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Quote Originally Posted by venusbluejeans View Post
    To put it bluntly.... if you had properly ruptured your spleen (which is full of blood) yesterday evening then by now you would be very seriously ill if not dead.... which I take it you aren't as you are posting on here

You have a bruise which will clear up in a couple of days

Trust me I have had mine removed,like Venus has said you wouldn’t be here.

is it possible to rupture your spleen from falling onto the bevled edge of wood chair

hi, Saturday night I was walking to the kitchen and slipped on a box and hit my lower middle chest-upper middle stomach right between the gap of the ribs on the chair, it hurt and it left a bruise but it went away, some discomfort and pain on the outside and when I sleep on it but when Im sitting, or doing something elce it doesn't hurt. It still is a little red and it hurts if I press on it! Do you think I should go to the doctor or am I OCDing about this do you think? I showed my mom it when it happened and she said it would be worce if it was serious. I googled and they said if it is bruised and tender it is dangerous! I haven't had my heart beat speed up or feel weaker, I am no doctor but I imagine I would be feeling worce? Can it be ruptured slowly or delayed? Also I get some intermittent pains in different times in different parts of my chest and stomach I don't know if this is just anxiety playing tricks on me or if it could be something serious and I am just telling myself it is just the anxiety. Like now the pain is back there on the left side and I constantly have to check and recheck and take deep breaths to make sure its not my spleen, I am so worried that it could be bleeding and I am worried about this. Is it normal to have a stomach bruise and for it not to be internal bleeding ever? Is it ever possible for the outer stomach to be bruised but not have int bleeding? Is it highly unlikely for the bleeding to take place over several days and not know it?

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:19 ----------

is it likely that something could of moved when I hit it, I kinda felt something move a little-and for it to be not ruptured but about to rupture? I am worried that if something hasn't ruptured that it might rupture at any time. Again, I basically feel no pain sometimes and then it comes and goes and I can still eat and go to the bathroom fine.

Re: is it possible to rupture your spleen from falling onto the bevled edge of wood c

You received replies and definitive answers on your previous thread.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by thewarrior93 View Post
    hi, yesterday night I slammed the middle of my upper belly/lower ribs chest area and it hurt but there was no swelling or discoloration I tripped and lost my balance, hitting my spleen on the edge of a luckally not sharp chair but it still hurt like for 2minnuttes and it is mostly gone today but if I touch it it hurts like the surface and if I deep breethe to make sure it isn't damaged it will hurt sometimes intermittently
    Thanks for the help and some reassurance Guys!
    Yep, it appears to be getting better now, probably shouldn't of googled but I was freaking out as I thought I felt like a palpitation type feeling when I slammed it but it could of been anything like a muscle contracting or something, I guess the human body is just mysterious like that sometimes.

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 13:56 ----------

thanks! just now realized, as normally I get notified via email. I should probably be more patient next time as well! as aposed to multiposting or bumping the thread

Thread Information