Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Older ladies only.over 35????

Older ladies only.over 35????

Hi all.

I am totally fed up! and need advice or reassurance from those ladies going or gone through the dreaded menopause

I am 48 now and started the monpause at 39, that changed me in a big way.
    made my anxiety a lot worse suffered my first panic attacks big time.
    Mood swings like you wouldn't believe, temper tantrums which i'd never had before etc etc etc you all know what it's like.
    Now i haven't bled for 10 1/2 months and wondered if i should expect never to bleed again or what?
    Also these B****y sweats are driving me mad.

I don't take HRT as i have tried 4 different lots and nothing worked, infact they all made me feel worse. I think anyway that whilst your body is trying to get rid of something like a certain hormone when you are going through the menopause why the heck should you try and shove it back in??

I take so many meds for anxiety, high blood pressure and cholestrol (just shoot me) that i don't know what to take that is safe to do so for these sweats any ideas anyone please.
    i have just about had enough

As i say time and time again "what it is to be a woman"
    Last edited by nanny; 31-08-07 at 18:23. Reason: spelling

Re: Older ladies only.over 35????

Hi Me again
    Has anyone got any answers ..........please
    Last edited by nanny; 31-08-07 at 18:38.

Hi Nanny

I am over 35 (probably guessed that from my name) and fortunately not going through the menopause at the moment (or not that I am aware of).

Cannot say that I am looking forward to it either. The things us women have to go through - men have it soooooo easy.

I am sure someone will be along soon with some advice for you.

Take care x

Oh nanny

- you have such a fine quality my friend of still being able to raise a laugh even when you're really goin' through it!!

At 52 I've been ruddy peri-menopausal since my late thirties!!

Periods still like clockwork - apart from a couple of months ago when I missed a whole month and thought I was pregnant (thankfully was not lol!!) don't know how I would have handled being a GroovyGrannyMummy !

I think 12 months is the 'cut off' point when you can safely assume that you won't get any more periods - or is it that you won't get pregnant? Maybe even both.

I agree with you on the hormone issue - although it is said that the longer you have your periods the better it is for your body, hair , skin etc.

My sweats tend to increase in intensity when I've eaten spicy foods - especially at night. Also, I always try and sleep with the bedroom window open even in winter just slightly. Carrying one of those fresh water sprays in my handbag has become an option lately too! And I always, always have a fan !! The total bliss of spraying your face, neck and chest with water and then fanning it has got to be experienced to be believed!

I think the way forward for us is to try and relieve and alleviate the symptoms rather than find a cure - because I don't think there is a complete cure as such.

How about going to somewhere like Holland & Barrett and asking advice? I'm sure I saw some kind of supplement for 'Women on or approaching the Menopause' in there one day ?

After all this I don't think I'd really like to be a bloke, I mean - having to shave your face every day as well as your legs?? I really don't think I could cope with that!

I'll be surely thinking of you my friend next time I wake with a 'night sweat' !

big hugs for you love

Angry Re: Older ladies only.over 35????

Hi Nanny

I have been through the menapause, I've only just turned 50. Sorry that you're having so many problems. I'm quite lucky in that I don't have hot flushes, my anxiety didn't get any worse, but I get more depressed. I started the menapause at 42, I haven't had a period now for 4 years.

I asked my doctor a few years ago about when will I know if periods have stopped completely & apparently if ure under 50 you could go about 2 years and have another 'bleed'. I went nearly 2 years, thought that was it then had one, but none since.

I refused to take HRT, like you said, it's a natural thing for a woman to go through. Trouble with losing the female hormone is you start growing hair where there wasn't any b4 LOL.

Men don't know how easy they have it, do they?

I know I haven't been much help, but answer to ure question is that yes you could still have some more 'bleeds'
    Take care
    Elspeth

Hi Nanny,

I am 39 hun and don't think I've started the menopause yet BUT if you ask my hubby he thinks I started it 17 years ago when we met the brute lol. xxx

Mandy xx

"DILLIGAF"

Just starting the menopause stage of life - woohooo let's all have a party - NOT

I sweat like a streetwalker in church - insomnia from hell - I could pull a hannibal and have some liver with fava beans one minute and crying like an idiot the next!!!

Doesn't make my anxiety any worse (yet) but my Mom says that she started that soy hormone stuff and it worked really well for her so I'm going to check it out!!
    xxx
    Sandy

I'm now 52 and started the menopause at 47 when my periods just stopped out of the blue. I think if you don't have a period at all for one year then you are considered to be 'post menopausal', but I know of many women who have gone nearly a whole year and then suddenly had a period. Contraception wise you should still use something for 2yrs if your periods stop and you are under 50 and for 1yr if they stop after you are 50.

I am still having hot flushes although the daytime ones have gone thank goodness. I lost count of the amount of times someone would comment on my face when I was having a flush and it's really embarrassing. When you already suffer with anxiety it's awful when people start to comment on things like that too.

I have also found my anxiety has increased quite a lot although I haven't noticed any mood swings. I will ask my other half, I'm sure he will disagree with that

Thanks for replies ladies
    Now, i don't know if you've cheered me up or blinking depressed me
    There was i thinking goody no more bleeding and now i will watching and waiting for another B*****Y year As for those sweats thats it i'm off out buying me one of those cold spray things, all day and all night i get those sweats. They are not what i would call hot flushes coz they don't start from the chest and work up they just come on out of the blue and i'm drenched all over, i've woken up many a night with something trickling down me legs and thought "oh christ now i've wet meself" but no it's those damn sweats, they also happen in the day
    I do sleep with a window open, always have done also shove the covers off and it's hubby who moans coz I'M cold !!! i tell him i'm boiling and he says well you don't feel it oooohhhhh men!

As for taking precautions no worries there as i have been sterilized since i was 27, b****y good job too coz i'd be out there buying pregnancy tests like theres no tomorrow i can tell you

Been to the health shop and the assistant was going to give me sage capsules for those sweats but once she heard all the other pills i was taking she advised me to go docs, which i damn well won't coz they'll try and shove those HRT things in me which i will not have. I mean come on, our granny's never had em did they? they had to cope without.

As for growing more hair !!! i agree with you there, before i started this i only used to have shave under my arms about every 6 weeks and still hubby used to say theres nothing there, even daughter in law used to moan coz she'd do it every couple of days, NOW well if i left it a week there wouldn't only be a bush there there would be a blimming great shrub i should think. And if my boys say to me one more time "mum you need a shave for that tash" i'll get a chair, stand on it and smack em round the ear

I always say to hubby you men don't know your born, you don't have to put up with this to which the reply is " huh we suffer more than you woman, we have to PUT UP WITH YOU" thats it then off i go on one and out comes all the "if you men had to have kids there'd be only one in each family" i give the poor b**** r earache

Oh well ladies i suppose i better give in gracefully, play the martyr and suffer

thanks friends
    Last edited by nanny; 01-09-07 at 08:43. Reason: spelling

what about some progesterone cream nanny ?

I purchased some from the states last year for my tender breaasts
    It worked but it can be expensive. Its all natural no chemicals and can help people going thru the change. Its a natural HRT.

heres the site ........
    http://www.johnleemd.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information