Thread: Bowel Movement Issues

Bowel Movement Issues

and the cycle of worry returns

I have been having toilet trouble for the last couple of days (no bowel movement since Sunday morning). Have tried to go today as I had a small urge to do so, but only a little bit of stool came out (sorry if too much information), and the last part had a bit of green stuff on it (rather like the kind you get when you blow your nose, that's the only way I can describe it). I'm not normally one to examine my stools and haven't noticed this before and am a bit alarmed at it. Any ideas what it might be? I've had a colonoscopy in 2016 and nothing showed up on it, and the only other symptom I've got is a bit of pain under my ribs, which is nothing new I've had that on and off for about four years. I also recently had blood tests and a couple of stool samples tested and again no cause for worry according to my GP. Should I just pass it off as constipation and see how it goes? I am banned from Google by GP so haven't dared look it up.

Re: Bowel Movement Issues

It sounds like mucus, which is very common if you have ibs. Constipation is the likely cause of you noticing the mucus. Everyone has mucus in their colons, it's there to help the stools move along.

I honestly don't think you need to worry, especially if you had a colonoscopy so recently. Hope you can enjoy your Christmas day.

A clear colonoscopy is good for a minimum of 3 years, so you don't have to worry about that.
    As stated above, the green colour could be mucus or something you've eaten. For constipation, eat lots of All Bran (several times a day) to get you going. If you have IBS, slippery elm powder in hot water (3 times a day) is excellent.

thank you for replying, especially on Christmas Day. Am distracting myself to forget about it but will see how it pans out. I’ve not had a lot of fibre recently as I’ve found milk no longer agrees with me so I don’t have breakfast cereal anymore so it could be that

I get all sorts of mucous when I’m constipated, I figure it’s my bodies way of helping things move along when things are a little slow. Digestive issues are extremely common this time of year when we’re celebrating if things continue to be a no go you can get some very good constipation relief over the counter. Both stool softeners and stuff like fibre gel type products can be very useful.

Relax! - it helps things move along

Happy holidays & Positive Vibes,

Mouse x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

thank you so much for replying on Christmas Day I am grateful (been fretting about it all day, probably unduly).

At the risk of too much information, I have not long got back from in-laws after spending all day there having Christmas dinner etc. I have managed now to 'clear the decks' as it were (although it certainly wasn't two days worth, but a decent amount anyway). I only had a quick glance down before flushing it away, all pretty solid and brown (although the first part was a darker brown, presumably because its older 'stock'?)

Thanks again

You don’t have to thank me, it’s a tough old time and I’m in a better place than normal this year so it’s time to offer my time to others.

I am ALWAYS constipated when I’m away from home! No matter where I go, I’m glad things have started moving of their own accord now you’re home.

Relax and enjoy your evening, you’re all clear(ed out ) now! Like we touched on earlier the mucous wasn’t anything to worry about and you’re no longer constipated, try not to worry any further.

Positive vibes,

Mouse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Mark1974 View Post
    thank you for replying, especially on Christmas Day. Am distracting myself to forget about it but will see how it pans out. I’ve not had a lot of fibre recently as I’ve found milk no longer agrees with me so I don’t have breakfast cereal anymore so it could be that
    Try soy milk, I use this for cereal, or there's almond, rice or oat milks available.

I'll give that a whirl thank you - been trying the FODMAP diet recently, as a few things that used to cause no issues to me at all have all of a sudden began to disagree with me (milk is the main one, but also nuts).

Thread Information