Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

3rd day on Citalopram. Still feeling very tired and my anxiety been very high all day and had to go into work this afternoon as well. God, hoping this settles down soon. Surely shouldn't get this on a low dose? I only on 10mg!

5th day on Cit and the fatigue and anxiety is horrendous haven't been able to do much at all just keep flopping down on the sofa. No energy. Feel detached from reality whuch is something I have had a lot but it very strong and no respite now.. Just feel like going to bed and it only mid afternoon. Really hoping this isn't going to go on for weeks as couldn't cope with that.

Eric, think it's 1-2 weeks to settle and a probably a month before completely in your system.
    I know it's taken a lot of courage to go on these meds and you've struggled for so long, so I'm hoping they will be beneficial for you.

Thanks Carn. Yeah it not pleasant at the moment the tiredness is awful - done nothing today just want to sleep all day and yawning almost constantly. Got no appetite head feels weird. I know these are common side effects so trying best to ride them out - it very hard going.

Day 9 on cit and feeling spaced out waves of sweating and anxiety bad. So tired been in bed til the afternoon. Stomach feels very off and feels worse today.. Debating if to continue on it as feeling so ill and out if it.

Hi Eric, instead of just coming off of the meds, can you get an appointment or even advice on the telephone as the meds might take a couple of weeks to kick in.
    I know you probably feel worse than before, but isn't that a common case when you begin the meds?
    If there's light at the end of the tunnel, it might be worth the suffering. Have a look on here for other members that have gone through it Eric, then you can make up your mind.
    Sorry you are going through this. x

Eric, there is a post on citalopram by Suemarieeee. You should read it. It may help you. x

Thanks for your help Carn. I have looked at the thread you mentioned.
    Day 13 on Cit and have noticed a change I just have no motivation at all to do anything just feel like just flopping on sofa and staying there. The tiredness is also awful. I have heard this lack of motivation is a common issue when on Cit?

It's around the two weeks mark Eric, so some change will be noticeable. I wouldn't worry about no motivation if the anxiety symptoms that cripple you are dispersing. Maybe you are meant to have that chill period. I know I've spent 3 months practically lying on the sofa for most of it.
    The thread I referred to says it's an incredible 3 months before she got her life back. That sounds an incredibly long time, but definitely worth it if there's eureka at the end of it and time goes quicker than you think. Think of it as six times what you have already done.
    Whatever you decide to do, you still have control over that. x

Day 20 on cit. I actually didn't feel too bad yesterday apart from the morning before work. Woke up this morning and it awful I can't think straight at all and the DP is strong. Think lie in make it worse for some reason. Trying to distract myself to bring myself down but it hard.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread Information