Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

I agree with Carnation, just dropping off some hugs for you as well eric
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

I would like to say thank you Carnation as although the words were for stressederic, I can completely get what you are saying and it has brought comfort for me also. I am going through a really rough few months with many of the symptoms you describe and I can see why it may be a mind/body protection mode as I am currently processing delayed grief ( I lost my Sister 2.5 years ago). I feel dreadful most days with anxiety. I have good support and a good GP but It is so hard day on day.

Love to all x

Update on the possibility of councellibg: Had letter from hospital Mental health services for me to make an appointment for assessment. Well, it's a start.

It still a daily struggle. Mornings are the worst as when wake up every morning, I have to work hard to break thru the DP everything looks like it in the dream I was just dreaming. It's hard to explain. Its like the reality and the dream are sort of merged and I have to try to snap out of it.

As the weeks go on it seems to be getting worse.
    Waking up every single morning now it starts with the very strong DP so dont know where I am or in the dream, the large rush of adrenaline and the sweating. I just feel like staying in bed but have to force myself to get up. the rest of the day is majority constant high anxiety, dizzyness, rushes of adrenaline, the very drunk feeling and not feeling totally in reality. I just cant break out thinking of the symptoms and if I do manage it just for a very small time I just snap back to thinking about them agan. Every day is the same.

Nearly every thing I do during the day results in more anxiety.Like if i need to go somewhere like an appointment or shopping.

Being in work does help to some degree with the DP if I really concentrate on what I doing. It seems whenever i return home from somewhere though the anxiety and the DP come on very strong and i go back to concentrating on the anxiety.. It's like I am afraid to be home. I get so exhausted too.

The one thing however which has been a good help is going on the chat room on here and meeting lots of lovely people to talk to especially in the evenings and late on.

Good morning I am at high anxiety the worst is the unbalanced feeling,but adrenaline releases,over thinking,IBS at times tinnitus ect the last 6 months I've had everything,if at times I feel the need to stay in bed which is very rarely I just keep going ,just done some gardening,nearly fell over twice (or thought I was going to but never have) had GAD for 30 years,read a book which says don't fight it just accept it,which I try and do,it says when I'm walking round Tescos don't think about how you feel(some chance when someones talking to you and you just want to get away,yes it has relatively spoilt my life but up to now I have never let anxiety stop me going anywhere or doing everything ,I have had the odd break form feeling all these symptoms,on the odd day they just disappear on their own with no help from me,its totally illogical but there you go,enjoy your day and keep smiling

Eric, the DP you are experiencing is actually an automatic brain response to protect you when life becomes a bit too stressful. It's a temporary state and will disperse when you feel calmer in yourself.
    You have a lot going on in your life with your health and wellbeing that is sure to worry you and cause you stress, let alone your daily life.
    Relax when you can, distract when you can and you will come out of it when life calms down for you.
    What you have to remember is it not being anything sinister or the only one who suffers with this. Your brain is working to protect you.

Hi Stressed Eric
    I can completely understand where you are coming from, I am exactly the same. I want to stay in bed but can't because I am sweating, heart racing and getting more anxious. I get up and try to get on with my day but I am sat here now at 11.20 am after just having some breakfast and I am sweating, clammy, dry mouth, sickly stomach and it is really getting me down. I am not working but do put events in my day and doing some bits but like you if I plan anything my anxiety is heightened.
    I have had this episode of anxiety/depression now since December and it is a daily battle. I am on clomipramine 70mg (have been on this for years at 20mg) but the upped med doesn't seem to be helping.

I am so glad people on here understand.

I’m the same and also been going on since just before December , don’t know how much more I can take of this , on new meds too and only on week 4 !!!!!

Really feel awful 90% of my day , is this the way it’s going to be forever ??????

Hi All. I have had to have a welfare meeting today to see how I am doing and if/when I may want to go into work. I was so worked up. I so want to be back in work but the constant high anxiety that lives with me is getting me down, it is debilitating and frightening as I never know how I am going to feel one minute to the next. I am having the same symptoms as you Stressed Eric :(. I know that you all get it and I am so glad I am not alone. I didn't sleep well last night thinking of the meeting.
    Like you Tristan, I feel bad for a lot of the day and I try so hard to get on with my day but I am not doing anything with pleasure as it is a slog. It it is exhausting.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information