Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon View Post
    Oh Eric, you're certainly going through it :(
    That's disappointing that he didn't acknowledge your anxiety difficulties.
    I would definitely take the antibiotics though,you need to get rid of this infection.
    Did he not say anything about the wait for your appointment?
    He just seemed to ignore all what I said about anxiety altogether. No offer of meds. I was surprised by his diagnoses as I can't believe this fatigue etc would be caused by that and dont have any symptoms of this infection. Got thru to mental health team. No appointments so can't move it forward.

Oh no
    Perhaps you need to see a different GP:(
    He should definitely have given you something to help while you wait,I think that's awful.
    Hope the antibiotics do their stuff very soon for you.
    Will be on chat if you want to pop on
    Tc x

Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon View Post
    Oh no
    Perhaps you need to see a different GP:(
    He should definitely have given you something to help while you wait,I think that's awful.
    Hope the antibiotics do their stuff very soon for you.
    Will be on chat if you want to pop on
    Tc x
    Am at bros at the moment but will be on later.

I am wondering if I have a uniary infection that it could be the cause of my anxiety being higher.

Sorry to hear what sounds like an unsuccessful visit to the GP. A urine infection? Yep, I know a bit about them as I was a carer. And I can see how your GP came to that conclusion. BUT! Anyone knows you have to be tested first in the form of a urine sample. That's a must!
    The symptoms are confusion and a strong smell of urine. And sometimes a dark pee, but not always. I've never heard of a lack of appetite before with a UTI.
    Anyway, you need a test. That's the only way to tell for sure.

Another day, another big panic attack. I not convinced I have a urinary infection as have had no symptoms related to having such an infection so all these antibiotics I taking are doing is pushing my already high anxiety worse and making me feel awful.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

I'm not sure how your GP diagnosed a UI if you had no symptoms. But to ignore your anxiety is very poor practice.

Can you not see another GP at surgery?

Never Surrender, Comrade

Double your intake of fluids, it will help both Eric.

Another day of high anxiety. Be glad when off these antibiotics - got two more days on them. Getting stomach aches after meals but think it again the antibiotics causing it as every time I been on them it happens.

I still find the chat room on the site helps me get through most evenings as I find theres not much on tv these days. I found that when chatting on there my anxiety isn't as bad as well. I wish more people would go on there especially evenings it's a good place to chat to other members of the site about what you up to, share problems etc. It's great to talk!

Hi Stressed Eric
    I am currently cross tapering fro clomipramine teo sertraline and in the early days. Still got very heightened anxiety especially if I have to interact with with other people. I get all flustered and overwhelmed and feel I am going to pass out - it is awful and ruining my life.

I forget to go into the chat room but I will try to get in there more as I know it can be a source of comfort. Are you on any medication for your anxiety at all? Do you have depression with it or is it mainly the anxiety for you?

I was a bit surprised as the other comments were regarding having a UI. I know they can bring there own symptoms but seems a bit odd that your GP didn't even acknowledge it. What is the appointment waiting list you are on? Is it to see a psychiatrist/local mental health clinic? How long have you been waiting?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information