Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

Quote Originally Posted by purplepie View Post
    Hi Stressed Eric
    I am currently cross tapering fro clomipramine teo sertraline and in the early days. Still got very heightened anxiety especially if I have to interact with with other people. I get all flustered and overwhelmed and feel I am going to pass out - it is awful and ruining my life.

I forget to go into the chat room but I will try to get in there more as I know it can be a source of comfort. Are you on any medication for your anxiety at all? Do you have depression with it or is it mainly the anxiety for you?

I was a bit surprised as the other comments were regarding having a UI. I know they can bring there own symptoms but seems a bit odd that your GP didn't even acknowledge it. What is the appointment waiting list you are on? Is it to see a psychiatrist/local mental health clinic? How long have you been waiting?
    I not on any medication for my anxiety currently. Maybe after the assessment this will change. I suffer mainly from anxiety and haven't had a lot of depression with it although do have periods where I am feeling quite low and have no motivation to do anything. The last couple of days have feeling a little bit better and my anxiety not so strong as usually the high anxiety makes the day very difficult so that is an improvement.

I am currently waiting for a face to face assessment with the hospital Mental health team. This is happening middle of May after I finally got the referral from a doctor at the hospital (not my GP as they wouldn't do the letter) after months of trying.

I still not convinced I have a UI but now have completed the antibiotics that they put me on. My confidence in the GPs at the practice has taken a serious hit. They just seem to ignore my anxiety and just concentrating on any physical issues tjat tjey pick up on.

Anxiety is really troubling me today feel very spaced out in dreamworld again and can't break out of it. Had a couple of good days and now it hit me hard again. Lost appitite again. Seems it one step forward then 2 steps back.
    Also noticed I have lost hair as well which I have again put down to anxiety. People have told me it's "you getting older" but you don't lose it THAT quick. Feels like it half the amount it was before. Since I was concentrating on my anxiety didn't realise it was happening. 😔 Just one more thing to worry out. Really fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    Anxiety is really troubling me today feel very spaced out in dreamworld again and can't break out of it. Had a couple of good days and now it hit me hard again. Lost appitite again. Seems it one step forward then 2 steps back.
    Also noticed I have lost hair as well which I have again put down to anxiety. People have told me it's "you getting older" but you don't lose it THAT quick. Feels like it half the amount it was before. Since I was concentrating on my anxiety didn't realise it was happening.  Just one more thing to worry out. Really fed up.
    When I got to this point I needed meds to help me out.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    When I got to this point I needed meds to help me out.
    I have an assessment with hospital Mental health team next week.

I had a blip two months ago when I moved (long story, but the culmination of a 5 year/£100k legal battle).

I have also lost about half my hair in the last month or so. I could gently rub my head over the sink and I would see 20-30 hairs in it. It's normal with stress. It's not falling out so much now, by doing the normal things I did to recover before.

I recall saying before but recovery isn't linear, and it took me about a year or two to get from my lowest to just not feeling like shit all the time.

I have an assessment with hospital Mental health team next week.
    Glad you have an appointment, tell them everything you are feeling and go with their advice. I am still cross tapering but being under the mental health team instead of regular GP has helped so much as they are there to call if you need advice or are worried and they are professional in their field. I hope you get the help you need stressederic. Its a bloody hard long road when anxiety is your companion. I hate it with a passion and wish it on no-one. I am far from well and still off work but better than a few months ago. I live in hope of some normality!!

Hair loss is a very common symptom of anxiety, if you can please do not worry about that. If it were hair loss for some other reason such as just going bald, if you were anxiety free would you be bothered if you were bald? At my worst times with severe anxiety I wouldn't have been bothered if I woke up each morning (although not suicidal thank God) and many a time I have thought I would happily give up a limb if I knew for sure I would never suffer that debilitating faint feeling retching anxiety again.

Quote Originally Posted by purplepie View Post
    Glad you have an appointment, tell them everything you are feeling and go with their advice. I am still cross tapering but being under the mental health team instead of regular GP has helped so much as they are there to call if you need advice or are worried and they are professional in their field. I hope you get the help you need stressederic. Its a bloody hard long road when anxiety is your companion. I hate it with a passion and wish it on no-one. I am far from well and still off work but better than a few months ago. I live in hope of some normality!!

Hair loss is a very common symptom of anxiety, if you can please do not worry about that. If it were hair loss for some other reason such as just going bald, if you were anxiety free would you be bothered if you were bald? At my worst times with severe anxiety I wouldn't have been bothered if I woke up each morning (although not suicidal thank God) and many a time I have thought I would happily give up a limb if I knew for sure I would never suffer that debilitating faint feeling retching anxiety again.
    I am going to write down notes to take to the appointment so I don't miss anything out. Yes it good to have someone other than the GP to call for advice. I didn't get much help from GP. I having trouble thinking straight today the anxiety is awful and head is spinning and light headed and of course concentrating on the symptoms makes it worse but it so difficult to distract from it. Yeah I wouldn't wish this horrible illness on anybody else, it is a daily battle.
    I didn't really want to get up this morning, Didn't sleep much last night. It going to be another day struggling to get things done.
    I usually go on the chat room on here in evenings which is good as it goes some way to help to distract from the anxiety symptoms although the last couple of weeks there has been less and less people going on there for some reason which is a real shame as it has def helped me. Wish more people would pop in for a chat.

Really glad my assessment with mental health team is on Monday as my anxiety is becoming unbearable. Cannot stop thinking out it at all now all day even for a short time and no distraction seems to be helping. I know concentrating on the symptoms going thru my head like the unreality feeling etc make it worse but just cant not think about it at all. Constant waves of tiredness. Really need help now. Everything I do seems to give me more anxiety even small things. Being in work is very difficult.

Went to assessment today with a member of mental health team at hospital. Saw a mental health nurse not a pychiratrist. Listened to me, made lots of notes. Said I should take meds to help with my anxiety and go back to GP to get that as he cant issue meds. All he will do is write a letter back to GP based on what I said today.. So in other words I feel no further with anything. So now I am stuck back with GPs that have no interest in my anxiety and feel I got no hope.😔 No contact with mental health team direct except thru the GP so cant talk to anyone there. Meanwhile my anxiety is so high I am battling to function all day now and feel I got no support. That is the level of help i have had. The only way I will get a pychiratrist now is to pay mega money to go private. Great.

Went to assessment today with a member of mental health team at hospital. Saw a mental health nurse not a pychiratrist. Listened to me, made lots of notes. Said I should take meds to help with my anxiety and go back to GP to get that as he cant issue meds. All he will do is write a letter back to GP based on what I said today.. So in other words I feel no further with anything. So now I am stuck back with GPs that have no interest in my anxiety and feel I got no hope.😔 No contact with mental health team direct except thru the GP so cant talk to anyone there. Meanwhile my anxiety is so high I am battling to function all day now and feel I got no support. That is the level of help i have had. The only way I will get a pychiratrist now is to pay mega money to go private. Great.
    I’ve found it exactly the same with the lack of help from the NHS Eric. I was told by a consultant at my local hospital that there were ‘loads’ of psychiatrists walking around the hospital. I think the resources to help are there but the GPs and mental health triage etc make it incredibly hard to access.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information