Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

Update: Still struggling every single day with the anxiety from moment wake up. On top of this spent most of Monday morning in a&e. My wrist swelled up and very red. It spread to my hand and part of my arm. Panicking it infection hen we the trip to a&e. Conclusion is reactive arthritis. Can't drive with this wrist so stuck in the house with the tv and anxiety for company.

What is your diet like on a daily/weekly basis?

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    What is your diet like on a daily/weekly basis?
    I would say my diet been ok maybe with the exception of this week as couldn't drive until yesterday as my wrist was too painful to do so. This meant that I was starting to run out of certain things like fruit. I managed to get to supermarket yesterday and have now stocked up.

My wrist and hand less painful today and can move it more so the inflammatory tablets that I was given at the hospital are doing their job of masking the pain and working on the swelling which is a good thing. Even though not feeling great I have been working from home today and managed to get through it. Feeling very spaced out now and exhausted having a job thinking about anything just feel numb- didn't get much sleep last night either. My stomach doesn't feel right but think that a side effect of the tablets. Apparently these tabs can make you feel dizzy and can cause anxiety which isn't great so might explain why I am feeling worse. I have to take them though to help with this wrist. It been so tough recently both with the anxiety and this wrist I am completely worn out. I am struggling to find the evergy to write this.

Make sure you are taking PPIs to protect your stomach from the anti inflammatories, Eric. Something like omezaprole. Or Nexium which you can buy over the counter.

Just an update. My wrist and hand are a lot better and am off the inflammatory tabs sotgats good news.
    In terms of my anxiety every single day is still a struggle. My memory is getting worse, I still losing hair and the spaced out feeling is with me all day every day and is so strong sometimes I cant do anything. I get waves of tiredness still thoughout the day. My emotions are stunted I get confused easily and concentration is terrible. Even doing relatively small amounts of housework is a struggle sometimes.
    I want to get my b12 levels checked as I am convinced they are low and is adding to how I feeling.
    I got to try and see if I an get another appointnent with the hospital Mental health team as I feel I have no support from any doctors really and am going through this alone.
    I am still trying to get on with my life despite feeling like this - I still working, socualising etc just as if I am ok but inside I am really struggling. I know I should be taking it easy and rest more and looking after myself more but I never seem to find the time so just plod on.
    It difficult getting GP appointments and I cannot contact the Mental health team direct. I have seen no psychiatrist only a mental health nurse so feel that I havent really got much support from them as well. I dont really want to see a pychiatrist privately as the sessions are expensive. I just at a loss of what to do meanwhile I can feel myself getting worse as the weeks go on.

Hi Eric
    You might guess what I am going to say....
    I don't think you are getting enough sleep!
    Too many late nights will take its toll and a bad routine of sleep deprivation can cause a lot of your symptoms.
    Try a little earlier each night and see if it makes any difference. x

I dont know why but each time I go to edit posts on mobile, it deletes the message!
    I will try and get more sleep as I know this can affect how feeling. I just feel the tiredness etc is more than just lack of sleep.
    I still want my b12 level checked just to rule out that this could be affecting me. Trouble is getting an appointment at docs is so difficult.
    I just wish I had more support.
    I am just so so fed up of feeling like this every single day there seems no end to it. I cant enjoy many of the things i used to do. I dont feel like the same person anymore. 😪

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Quote Originally Posted by StressedEric View Post
    I dont know why but each time I go to edit posts on mobile, it deletes the message!
    I will try and get more sleep as I know this can affect how feeling. I just feel the tiredness etc is more than just lack of sleep.
    I still want my b12 level checked just to rule out that this could be affecting me. Trouble is getting an appointment at docs is so difficult.
    I just wish I had more support.
    I am just so so fed up of feeling like this every single day there seems no end to it. I cant enjoy many of the things i used to do. I dont feel like the same person anymore. 
    When you go to edit a post, copy edited version before saving, and if it's deleted, you can repost it. Seems to be problem with mobile version.

Maybe you could take a Vit B Complex until you can get an appointment and see how you feel.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Buy some nutritional yeast and use that as a B12 supplement, and get out in the sun for an hour every day (preferably early on) without sunscreen. The combination of B12 and D3 from the sun should help with sleep more. Try eliminating all refined carbs for a while too. I'm not suggesting they're the only culprits, but I still think you need a holistic approach attacking potential stressors from all sides, and stick with that regime for as long as it takes.

You sound exactly like me two years ago, and it took me a good year to get back on my feet.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information