Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Constant high anxiety

Re: Constant high anxiety

Any reason you're taking calcium? My understanding is that it's unlikely in a modern Western diet that anybody lacks calcium, unless you're vegan, on restricted calories etc.

Incidentally, bananas aren't actually that high in potassium. Foods like avocado, potatoes (and sweet potatoes) and dried apricots are higher.

Also incidentally, I use a website called buy wholefoods online to get organic dried fruits and some different kinds of seeds as they're usually much cheaper than normal retail shops, although their nuts are expensive for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    Any reason you're taking calcium? My understanding is that it's unlikely in a modern Western diet that anybody lacks calcium, unless you're vegan, on restricted calories etc.

Incidentally, bananas aren't actually that high in potassium. Foods like avocado, potatoes (and sweet potatoes) and dried apricots are higher.

Also incidentally, I use a website called buy wholefoods online to get organic dried fruits and some different kinds of seeds as they're usually much cheaper than normal retail shops, although their nuts are expensive for some reason!
    The Vit D tabs prescribed by doc also contain calcium. I sure read somewhere need calcium as well for Vit D to be absorbed but I might be wrong? Obviously doc thought I needed to take them as had quite low Vit D level. Cheers fir the advice about the potassium. Might have a look at that website.

Have made changes to my diet lot more fruit and veg and now taking b vit complex, magnesium and still taking vit d.
    I have started to drink green tea and chamomile tea as.opposed to.coffee. My anx is still dominating most of my day now seems I worrying about being home alone a lot more especially in evenings when it dark and constantly dwell on the awful DP symptom so much I cant switch away from thinking about it all the time now. I also feel so exhausted again in the evening. Think it more mental than physical as even concentrating on other things like writing this now i begin to feel tired. Its been getting progressively worse as time goes on. Noticed i have neen losing quite a lot of weight as well and i a slim bloke to begin with!

What hasnt helped is that just recovered from a bad head cold and bacterial conjunctivitis in both eyes at the same time. It doesnt rain but it pours...

Going to docs on Wednesday again.
    Last edited by StressedEric; 14-01-19 at 19:53.

Even now a bad infection will increase my anxiety, although not by much any more. That probably accounts for a lot of what you're feeling.

I would estimate the better diet took about 12 weeks to really start to made changes for me, that's the point at which I started to feel that I could handle more of everything.

Keep it up!

The strong DP plus anx is so hard to function through. Totally spaced out and on auto pilot. Nearly every evening it like this now with no end in sight.

As well as making changes to diet really really want to talk face to face with a counsellor or a psychiatrist about what I going through but hear the waiting lists are very long before seeing anybody. The only other option is to pay for it but its so expensive.The evenings are really difficult to get thru. Just feel like going to bed. Last time i went to doc they wouldnt even refer me to see anyone at all just handed one tel number for telephone councelling. No good for me as hard of hearing.

Def not giving.up on the diet changes tho!
    Last edited by StressedEric; 24-01-19 at 21:57.

I dont know if will ever get thru this awful anxiety. The weeks go on and it seem to be getting worse as time goes on despite me adopting these changes to diet. Having intense panic attacks now when waking up in mornings when in bed - much larger rushes of adrenaline shooting thru body and the DP is so strong all I can do is just lie in bed and dont move until feel I can at least settle my mind enough get up. I still find it very hard to stop concentrating on the weird out of body DP feelings when awake. I still trying to do all the things I normally do and trying best to try and beat this but it becoming so hard. It terrifies me that I will be like this forever. I am really trying to distract myself from the feelings but only manage it for short periods before snap back to thinking.on the DP. I think I am irreversibly and permantly damaging my brain and body with all the high stress as been feeling like this for 3 months now. I question and analyse every single feeling I have and this just adds to my anxiety. my short memory is awful, doing tasks around the house just incrases the spaced out feeling. Lost a stone in weight and think will never get back to the 'old me'. It feels this is permanent. I am trying to get face to face private councelling on my work health insurance as got to see someone about this. I feel.losing control. I reluctant to take meds as worried that I will feel worse than how I am now.

I looked back at some family photo's recently, and it probably took me about 9 months to go from rock bottom to just about functional, so hang in there. Recovery just isn't a quick process.

Have you tried meditating? And by tried I mean put it in your schedule twice a day and practised? This is the one thing that helped me more than anything else to cope with negative feelings, panic and hopelessness. It's completely normal for it to feel like it's not working, but long term it does, as long as you understand the point of what you're doing.

I remember feeling like I would never get better vividly, but it does.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    I looked back at some family photo's recently, and it probably took me about 9 months to go from rock bottom to just about functional, so hang in there. Recovery just isn't a quick process.

Have you tried meditating? And by tried I mean put it in your schedule twice a day and practised? This is the one thing that helped me more than anything else to cope with negative feelings, panic and hopelessness. It's completely normal for it to feel like it's not working, but long term it does, as long as you understand the point of what you're doing.

I remember feeling like I would never get better vividly, but it does.
    I haven't tried meditation just speaking to brother he says it helped him too get thru a bad patch so I will try it.

There is no way I would have recovered without meditation. I am 100% sure of that.

Sounds like you have some form of adrenal fatigue too, I know exactly what you mean by adrenal spikes.

My GP was completely non responsive to my suggestions of adrenal issues, and it's very hard to test for on a long term basis. Because of that, there are no real treatments. There's too much anecdotal evidence out there to dismiss it though. It's one of those things that takes a long time to recover from.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information