Thread: Epididymitis and perineum ache - Health Anxiety has come back...

Epididymitis and perineum ache - Health Anxiety has come back...

I was wondering whether anyone had experience of epididymitis? I have been suffering with mild discomfort in the left testicle and perineum for almost a week now with the pain going up into the left side of my abdomen. Needless to say I have convinced myself I have either prostate or testicular cancer – for some reason my anxiety has gone stratospheric and I’m nothing short of a wreck at the moment...no good to my family and friends and I’m lucky it’s the holidays as I can’t even begin to contemplate going to work.

Thankfully I managed to get in to see the GP today who listened to my symptoms, examined me and said that he thought it was epididymitis. He pressed on my abdomen and I nearly hit the roof because it was so tender. He explained that the infection can cause abdomen tenderness and that I would need antibiotics to clear it up, which he prescribed.

I’m in a high state of anxiety, despite seeing the GP and the antibiotics not having taken effect yet. I am trying to be rational but it’s difficult.

I’ve been under (what I consider to be) three months of extreme stress (huge work stress, my partner having a significant cancer scare shortly followed by my closest friends having his own cancer scare – thankfully both are well). I feel exhausted...and I really do mean completely empty, both physically and emotionally and now I have to deal with aching testicles and abdomen. I feel like I’m hanging on for dear life here.

I just hoped that anyone could offer their experience of how they dealt with similar symptoms and found a way through.

Apologies for my whining, I realise how pathetic I sound, I just need to vent somewhere other than to my partner so as to give them a break.

Thank you for any words offered.

Re: Epididymitis and perineum ache - Health Anxiety has come back...

Been there done that. Very painful but totally benign. The doc would know straight away if you had cancer.

Going through the same kinda thing atm doctors give me anxiety tabs last night i took my first one and i have decided to stick to calms as i didnt like them and the place i found myself in on tqking them

Thanks for the replies and sorry to hear that you're suffering similar things. I'm trying my very best to get a grip but I'm wavering terribly. I have discomfort all over, from my perineum, buttocks, abdomen and testicle. I think the abdominal pain may also be IBS but I just wish I could be sure these symptoms are likely anxiety related. Feeling very low, like I'm being crushed under a huge weight.

I know how you feel i broke down boxing day lucky to have my family at this time hope you are supported

How are you holding up op woke up this morning with 2 achers and in a world of hurt

Thread Information