Thread: ESA medical assessment

ESA medical assessment

In a few weeks I will be facing my third medical assessment and it’s freaking me. The last time it all went well and I was freaking out before. How can I cope with this?

Thanks guys.

ESA medical assessment

I’m actually in the same position, I have my second one coming up early next year. I just keep reminding myself that everything has been absolutely fine the first (and second for you!) and the reasons I am claiming are valid and real and they will be able to see that.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: ESA medical assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    I’m actually in the same position, I have my second one coming up early next year. I just keep reminding myself that everything has been absolutely fine the first (and second for you!) and the reasons I am claiming are valid and real and they will be able to see that.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Hi thank you for replying, I will have to keep on telling my self that and stay positive.

Not a problem,

Honestly I think that these assessments are cruel and only necessary because some unsavoury types would like to scam the system. As long as we are honest and eligible there really shouldn’t be a problem.

I too am trying to remind myself of this, it’s very hard when we rely on it to afford to live and if we’re completely honest the assessments aren’t exactly pleasant experiences, they certainly leave me feeling very vulnerable.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Not a problem,

Honestly I think that these assessments are cruel and only necessary because some unsavoury types would like to scam the system. As long as we are honest and eligible there really shouldn’t be a problem.

I too am trying to remind myself of this, it’s very hard when we rely on it to afford to live and if we’re completely honest the assessments aren’t exactly pleasant experiences, they certainly leave me feeling very vulnerable.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

They leave me feeling very vulnerable as well mouse. All we can do is try to stay positive and honest.

I've been through a few now and honestly it seems completely random how interested the assessor is and what the decision maker concludes from the report, just explain your issues to people who are actually impartial and attentive and see what they advise, it's crucial you have outside support from the DWP so you know where you stand whatever they decide, I know from experience there are relatively decent people in their ranks but there are also nasty pieces of work
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

I think a lot of it's the fact that assessors seem to be drawn out of a hat, despite there claims that they're all fully trained... I'm not sure it's a coincidence that my last assessment put me in the "well enough to start preparing to get back to work" group and was then overturned on the mandatory reconsideration when we pointed out that a physiotherapist isn't really qualified to judge how bad someone's anxiety is.

I just got the form yesterday and yeah.. not looking forward to it. And it's made even more frustrating by the fact that these assessments cost way more than benefit fraud does, so it's hard to see it as anything other than persecution of vulnerable people.

Thread Information