Thread: Index finger twitch!!

Index finger twitch!!

So my index finger has been twitching on and off for a week. I don’t think it has done this before. I am not particularly stressed right now and I fact, am off work for a week. I am worried about ALS or Parkinson’s. What is this? I can feel it and see it. I have not been typing or gaming or anything. Help.

Re: Index finger twitch!!

It’s just a twitching index finger nothing more. Stay away from the ALS rabbit hole. Read the sticky on here about ALS; it should calm you.
    Xx

Yep I agree, I have random twitches all over my body, even my calf muscles. That’s all it is though it’s your muscles twitching which can be an affect of stress. Would you be as concerned if it was your eye?? This is another common place where people get twitching. Als and Parkinson’s has a number of symptoms not just twitching. You will be absolutely fine. Try and think positively I.e how many millions of people are there in the world, break it down into how many people do you think had a twitch today and break it down further non serious reasons etc it’s a cbt technique. Xx

Finger twitches are not ALS fasiculations. ALS has a pretty solid order of how things happen and for reason. If you were having finger fasiculations due to ALS, your finger wouldn't operate and it would atrophy. ALS kills the muscle, the dead muscle fasciculates after it is long gone.

Ok, so the finger twitch (or tremor..what is the difference) is still there. It went away for two days, but it is back today. It does happen at rest so now I am worried that it is early stage Parkinsons. I do not want to go to the doctor for this, BUT it seems like I should. I can make the tremor/twitch/whatever go away if I straighten out the finger.

Just looking for advice.

Completely normal. I've had this many times over the years.

Are you drinking too much alcohol or caffeine? This could contribute or worsen it. Seeing as its this time of year, are you taking Sudafed or anything similar for a headcold?

This is nothing to worry about at all. Swiftly moving on lol.

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Twitching muscles are just tired muscles with stressed nerves. At some point you will have done something that has made it 'jittery', it could literally be nothing but pulling the muscles and ligaments in a slightly odd way, and it will take a little while to sort itself out. Its like eye twitching,that can happen for months and months for some people and come and go. A twitching finger would be something I would happily have, rather than the random whole body twitching of various muscles, swapping and changing, appearing and disappearing day in and day out - mine is from meno transition and certain low hormone levels. It doesn't worry me at all, but it is annoying...so let your finger just be a mild 'thats annoying' and leave it at that.

My index finger has been twitching, driving home from work it twitched several times at the crazy drivers on the road

It’s because you’ve become fixated on it hun, it happens to all of us. If we sat and concentrated on our big toe for 5 minutes you would have strange senaations in it (cbt technique). Twitching muscles are extremely common and nothing to worried about your body is stressed and it’s just releasing some of it xx

Thread Information